Operative Carpal and Hand Injuries in Children
- Resultados de la fijaciÃ³n con anclas en lesiones de ligamentos y tendones de la mano y la muÃ±eca. Gutiérrez, Alejandro Espinosa; de la Cruz, Leopoldo Serrano; Ramírez, José Gerardo Zárate; Rodríguez, Ranulfo Romo // Acta Ortopedica Mexicana;mar/abr2009, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p70
No abstract available.
- Wrist arthroscopy and intra-articular fractures of the distal radius in young adults. Hardy, Philippe; Gomes, Nuno; Chebil, Mounir; Bauer, Thomas // Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy;Nov2006, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p1225
The difficulty on treatment of articular fractures of the distal radius comes from their comminutive character and frequency of ligamentous lesions associated, turning diagnosis and assessment always subject to discussion. Fracture reduction and fixation under arthroscopic control, along with...
- Upper Extremity-Specific Measures of Disability and Outcomes in Orthopaedic Surgery. Smith, Matthew V.; Calfee, Ryan P.; Baumgarten, Keith M.; Brophy, Robert H.; Wright, Rick W. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;2/1/2012, Vol. 94-A Issue 3, p277
This article presents a review of data that deal with common instruments used to measure outcomes for the upper extremity. These include the Disabilities of the Arm, Shoulder and Hand (DASH), the American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons (ASES) and the Constant Shoulder Score. The article also...
- HAND INJURIES IN CHILDREN: A REFLECTIVE CASE STUDY. Auburn, Tracy; Bethel, Jim // Emergency Nurse;Feb2007, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p30
The article presents a case study of hand injuries in children. The patient was presented to the Walsall Hospitals NHS Trust emergency department with an injury to his right thumb and wrist following a fall onto his outstretched hand. The patient had been in pain since the injury and he could...
- The distal radial decompression osteotomy for ulnar impingement syndrome. Krimmer, Hermann; Unglaub, Frank; Langer, Martin; Spies, Christian; Langer, Martin F; Spies, Christian K // Archives of Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery;Jan2016, Vol. 136 Issue 1, p143
Introduction:The decompression of the distal radioulnar joint (DRUJ) is performed by ulnar translation of the radial shaft proximal to the sigmoid notch, i.e. detensioning of the distal part of the interosseous membrane (DIOM) while containment of the DRUJ is achieved by closed...
- Unusual Topography of Posterior Antebrachial Musculature in the First Osseofibrous Compartment of Wrist -Clinicomorphological Appraisal. Arora, Jyoti; Vandana, Mehta; Suri, Rajesh Kumar; Rath, Gayatri // International Journal of Morphology;2012, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p714
Anatomical variations of abductor pollicis longus and extensor pollicis brevis are important in clinical assessment of diseased and traumatized hand. The present case reports an unusual fusion of muscle bellies of abductor pollicis longus and extensor pollicis brevis with two separate tendons of...
- High wrist scores seen with shuttle technique for TFCC repair. Blisard, Renee // Orthopedics Today;Jul2011, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p65
The article discusses research being done on the effects of the shuttle relay technique for triangular fibrocartilage complex (TFCC), referencing a study by Michael R. Redler et al.
- PERSPECTIVE. Chang, James // Orthopedics Today;Oct2011, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p16
The author comments on the study presented by Michael C. Vance at the American Society for Surgery of the Hand in Las Vegas, Nevada, from September 8 to 10, 2011, which found that distal scaphoid resection arthroplasty offers good long-term results for scaphoid nonunion patients.
- Ligament injuries do not impact results of surgically treated distal radius fractures. Blisard, Renee // Orthopedics Today;Jan2012, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p46
The article discusses a study which concluded that concomitant wrist ligament injuries have no effect on the subjective and objective surgical outcomes in patients with distal radius fractures.