Synovectomy of the Hip in Patients with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Hip Disease in Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis. Yun, Andrew G.; Figgie, Mark; Dorr, Lawrence D.; Scott, Richard D. // Orthopedics;Mar2006, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p233
Presents a study on juvenile rheumatoid arthritis-induced hip disease. Nonoperative treatment for the prevention or delay in progression of inflammatory induced arthritis; Timing and role of surgical intervention; Technical factors related to successful total hip replacement.
- Rash and pain in a young man. // Patient Care;1/30/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p43
Presents a case of a 17-year-old white man complaining of rash and pain, diagnosed as systemic juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. History and physical examination done on the patient; Overview of systemic juvenile rheumatoid arthritis; Signs and symptoms of the disease.
- Comment on: Is Still's disease still one disease? A case of adult-onset Still's disease showing accumulation in the carotids and the large vessels of the legs on positron emission tomography: CT images. Yazisiz, Veli; Yazisiz, Hatice // Rheumatology International;May2013, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p1373
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the case report about Still's disease by L. C. de Graaff and colleagues in the 2011 issue.
- Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis: Therapeutic Perspectives. Chikanza, I.C. // Pediatric Drugs;2002, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p335
Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (JRA) is the most common childhood chronic systemic autoimmune inflammatory disease. The therapeutic approach to JRA has, to date, been casual and based on extensions of clinical experiences gained in the management of adult rheumatoid arthritis (RA). The physiology...
- School Support and Functioning for Children with Juvenile Rheumatic Diseases. Nabors, Laura A.; Iobst, Emily A.; Weisman, Jason; Precht, Barbara; Chiu, Peter; Brunner, Hermine // Journal of Developmental & Physical Disabilities;Apr2007, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p81
Information about ways to support children with Juvenile Rheumatic Diseases (JRDs) in school will help maximize their involvement in this setting. For this study, children with JRDs provided their views about the support they need from school nurses, teachers, classmates, friends and leaders of...
- Methotrexate restores HRQOL in juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;3/22/2008, Issue 549, p10
The article discusses research on the role of methotrexate in restoring the health-related quality of life (HRQOL) among patients with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. It references a study by K. J. Murray and colleagues published in the March 2008 issue of "Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases." The...
- Ocena poziomu rozwoju fizycznego dzieci i mÅ‚odzieÅ¼y z mÅ‚odzieÅ„czym idiopatycznym zapaleniem stawÃ³w. Umławska, Wioleta; Michałowska, Joanna; Podwysocka-Harasimowicz, Maria // Pediatric Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism;2008, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p161
Introduction: Juvenile chronic arthritis (JIA) is a major paediatric rheumatic disease. Aim of the study: The aim of this study was to determine how physical development in children with JIA was affected by the subtype of the disease and by the type of therapy used. Material and methods: Data...
- Genetic association between juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and polymorphism in the SH2D2A gene. Smerdel, A.; Dai, K-Z.; Lorentzen, A. R.; Flato, B.; Maslinski, S.; Thorsby, E.; Førre, Ø; Spurkland, A. // Genes & Immunity;Jun2004, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p310
T-cell-specific adapter protein (TSAd) involved in the negative control of T-cell activation is encoded by the SH2D2A gene. Our recent studies indicate that homozygosity for short (ie GA13 and GA16) alleles of the SH2D2A gene promoter is associated with development of multiple sclerosis. To...
- Subtype-Specific Outcomes in Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis: A Systematic Review. Prahalad, Sampath // Current Medical Literature: Pediatrics;2006, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p73
The article analyzes several outcome studies of juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA) and summarizes some of the predictors of outcome. Particular focus is given to JIA subtypes. An overview of JIA studies is presented. A table that shows the characteristics of the outcome studies included in the...