Light and Heat
- UP seeks private investment. // Power Watch India;May2013, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p8
The article reports on the plan of the Uttar Pradesh government in India to attract private investment in the solar power generation sector by offering tariff to those willing to establish plants between May 2013 and June 2014.
- Huge Solar Plant Isn't Getting Results. // Laboratory Equipment;Dec2014, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p3
The article reports on the failure of the Ivanpah Solar Electric Generating System, a solar power plant that opened near the California-Nevada border in February 2014, to produce the operators' expected annual output.
- MP aims to quintuple solar power generation in next 2 years. // FRPT- Energy Snapshot;8/31/2015, p26
The article informs that Madhya Pradesh, India would enhance and improve its solar power generation capacity.
- Sun in the Forecast. Check, Erika // Newsweek;4/15/2002, Vol. 139 Issue 15, p32R
Describes a solar power plant in the Mojave Desert that supplies electricity to southern California. How the plant is comprised of five Solar Electric Generating Systems; Indication that an international consortium, including the Spanish company Gher and Saint Gobain of France, will begin...
- Energy advocates work to meet solar challenge. Miller, Jay // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/21/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 34, p7
The article reports that an anonymous solar cells manufacturer has pledged to establish a solar cell-making plant in Cleveland, Ohio provided local authorities could develop a market for one megawatt power a year. The anonymous company's president said upon his visit to Cleveland that if...
- India's Welspun Energy completes 19MW solar plant. // Energy Today (Hungary);5/15/2014, p2
The article reports that solar developer Welspun Energy Ltd. has completed a 19-megawatt plant in Karnataka, India which will sell power to Mangalore Electric Supply Co., according to Welspun on May 14, 2014.
- "Ujaas amongst Asia's 200 best cos". // Power Watch India;Sep2014, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p19
The article reports that Ujaas Energy Ltd. is one of the eight companies from India included in the Forbes Asia's 200 Best Companies list, with the company leading in solar projects in Madhya Pradesh, India.
- U.S. solar market grows in Q2. // Northern Colorado Business Report;9/21/2012, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p13
The article reports on the statement of Solar Energy Industries Association on the growth of the solar market in the U.S. by 116 percent in the second quarter of 2012 driven by a record 477 megawatts of utility-scale solar installations.
- Adani Power ready to set up solar park in Ramnad. // FRPT- Energy Snapshot;4/26/2015, p40
The article discusses the decision of Adani Power Ltd. to set up a solar park in Ramnad,Tamil Nadu, India.