Exchange For Good
- The techno-whizz who shook a nation. // African Business;Nov2010, Issue 369, p18
A profile of Jignesh Shah, founder and chairman of India's Financial Techologies Group (FTIL), is presented. FTIL is a leading software provider in India for financial markets. Shah has a background in electronic telecommunications; and in the 1990s, he worked in the Bombay Stock Exchange,...
- Bull moves in bear markets. Ram, R. Sree; Varma, Tanvi; Krishnamurthy, Narayan // Money Today;5/14/2009, p19
The article discusses strategies that traders and investors employ. It states that to have a chance at gaining success through investing, one must dream and strategize for change. It adds that buying momentum stocks work with bearish market but entail daily monitoring and selling sooner than...
- Study Narrows Spread between ECNs & Market Makers. BRESIGER, GREGORY // Traders Magazine;Aug2005, Vol. 18 Issue 243, p62
Reports on the results of a study concerning ECN and market makers in the stock trading sector in the U.S. Fill rates for New York Stock Exchange stocks; Price improvement; Execution quality in the equities market.
- Day of the Week Effects: Evidence from the Stock Exchange of Mauritius (SEM). Agathee, Ushad Subadar // International Research Journal of Finance & Economics;2008, Issue 17, p7
This paper aims to investigate the day of the week effects in an emerging market, in particular the Stock Exchange of Mauritius, using observations as from the year the SEM started its operation on a daily basis for a full calendar year to 2006. The study shows that the Friday returns appeared...
- Changes to equity market rules. // Accountancy;Jul1990, Vol. 106 Issue 1163, p42
The article reports on the International Stock Exchange's approval of some changes to equity market rules in Great Britain in 1990.
- It didn't work. // Accountancy;Feb1991, Vol. 107 Issue 1170, p34
This article reports on the failure of the Third Market in attracting large numbers of small companies. The Third Market, which was set up in 1987 to encourage new companies and those with only a one year trading record to raise equity capital, ended on December 31, 1990. The shares of those...
- Critics Say LSE Needs to Close A Cross-Border Deal -- Any Deal. Forman, Michael // Securities Industry News;10/27/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 42, p1
Reports on issues concerning deals and initiatives of the London Stock Exchange (LSE) as of October 27, 2003. Terms of a proposed agreement between LSE and Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing (HKEx); Potential impact of a failed deal between LSE and HKEx on LSE and its leaders; Examples of...
- Getting a handle with adaptive limits. Sepiashvili, David // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Nov2005, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p38
Provides tips on how to use overbought or oversold indicators more effectively in equity trading. Definition of overbought or oversold indicators; Techniques brokers must consider before implementing an equity trading strategy; Types of oversold indicators.
- AIM kicks off to a good start. // Accountancy;Nov95, Vol. 116 Issue 1227, p64
Reports that 91 companies had joined the London Stock Exchange's Alternative Investment Market (AIM) as of October 2, 1995. Companies' decision to switch from rule 4.2 to the AIM; Sectors represented by the companies; Market capitalization.