NY Civil Liberties Report Finds Police Brutality Goes Unpunished
- Why the police are hard to police. Wood, Daniel B. // Christian Science Monitor;9/27/99, Vol. 91 Issue 211, p1
Focuses on the investigation by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) into a corruption scandal in the Los Angeles Police Department having to do with police abuse.
- Police in the Docket. // Christian Science Monitor;2/28/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 66, p8
Editorial. Focuses on aggressive tactics used by police in the United States, as highlighted by the trial of four New York City, New York officers for the shooting death of the unarmed Amadou Diallo.
- Philly gets a question mark at a bad time. Scherer, Ron // Christian Science Monitor;7/17/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 164, p3
Reports on the public outcry in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania concerning the videotaped beating of a black man by city police officers.
- TRAINING POLICE NOT TO BEAT. // Christian Science Monitor;7/17/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 164, p8
Discusses aspects of the case in which Philadelphia, Pennsylvania police officers have been accused of beating a suspect.
- Brutality continues against Black males in Minneapolis. Edwards, Ron // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;12/18/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 20, p4
In this article the author discusses the persisting brutality of police officers against African American males in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- White Ex-Cop Sentenced To 7-15 Years For 1992 Death Of Black Motorist Malice Green In Detroit. // Jet;06/05/2000, Vol. 97 Issue 26, p25
Reports on the convictions of Larry Nevers and Walter Budzyn, former police officers in Detroit, Michigan, for the 1992 beating death of black motorist Malice Green.
- Groups address police brutality. Nair, Yasmin // Windy City Times;6/25/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 41, p6
The article reports on the issue of police brutality that was addressed at an evening community forum in Chicago, Illinois on June 19, 2008.
- Hays County deputies accused of brutality. Rollins, Brad // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);7/14/2010, Vol. 107 Issue 15, p1A
The article reports on the accusation of brutality to Hays County Sheriff's Office deputies in Texas by Robert and Stephen Threadgill who were both treated violently without justification.
- An urban mother's nightmare on New Year's eve. Glenn, Bahiya // New York Amsterdam News;01/01/98, Vol. 89 Issue 1, p12
Gives a mother's advice on how to protect your children from police brutality. How to react if an officer stops you; Type of fear that parents in African-American communities experience.
- New York artist and his girlfriend allege they are victims of police brutality. // Jet;05/11/98, Vol. 93 Issue 24, p38
Presents information on alleged charges by a New York graffiti artist and his girlfriend against police officers. Details on the allegations; Comments from police department spokesman, Stephen Biegel.