Sharing the responsibility for assessing the risk of the driver with dementia
- Fitness-to-drive reports: Will Ontario doctors soon breathe easier? Capen, Karen // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;07/28/98, Vol. 159 Issue 2, p132
Discusses the Ontario law that doctors must report unfit drivers. Doctor's potential liability for failing to report them; Doctors who are uncertain about the extent of their responsibilities; Patients who believe they have been unfairly singled out; The court cases Wasserman v. Spillane and...
- Driving Issues in Epilepsy: Past, Present, and Future. Krumholz, Allan // Epilepsy Currents;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p31
Driving restrictions for people with seizure disorders are intended to ensure the public's safety, but driving is of such great importance in the United States that the imposed restrictions also may unduly harm the welfare of these individuals. Because driving restrictions historically have been...
- Office of the Governor:Emergency Executive Order 13-11: Providing for Relief from Regulations to Motor Carriers and Drivers Operating in the State of Minnesota. // Minnesota State Register;10/28/2013, Vol. 38 Issue 18, p557
The article offers information on the Emergency Executive Order issued by Mark Dayton, Governor of the State of Minnesota, concerning regulations to motor carriers and drivers operating in the State. It discusses the features of the order which includes the exemption of motor carriers and...
- Answers. // Scholastic Choices;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p8
The article discusses answers to the driving tests.
- Public safety, integrity of licensing process being re-tested. DePoy, Traci J. // Roads & Bridges;Feb99, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p15
Announces plans by Pennsylvania Transportation Secretary Bradley L. Mallory to retest certain commercial drivers who took their road-skills tests at PennDOT's Schuylkill Haven Driver License Center from July 1, 1993 to December 10, 1998. Discovery that an examiner did not properly administer...
- DMV Does the D stand for 'dumb'? Allerton, Haidee E. // T+D;Dec2002, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p78
Recounts experiences of author at Division of Motor Vehicles in Washington (D.C) where she went to renew her driving license. Written exam that the author was made to take; Condition under which the author could take her driving test; Problems faced by the author while renewing her license plates.
- The Road Test. Traverse, Meaghan // 21st Century;Nov97, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p8
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of earning her drivers' license after completing a practical driving test.
- On the road. Kataquapit, Xavier // Nation (1206-2642);6/26/2015, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p34
The author presents a personal narrative of his experience during the driving license test and difficulties faced in acquiring a driver's license in Canada.
- New York adds test for new applicants for drivers' licenses. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;4/15/96, Vol. 6 Issue 51, p33
Reports on additional car drivers' tests required before the issuance of licenses in the state of New York. Inclusion of written examinations; Improvement of pre-licensing course curriculum; Comments on the new licensing regulations by Motor Vehicles Commissioner Richard Jackson.