Presidential musings: prescriptions for the nation
- Proposals reopen debate over public and private practice. Spurgeon, David // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);8/11/2007, Vol. 335 Issue 7614, p277
This article reports on the controversy in Canada over allowing doctors to work outside as well as inside the government healthcare system. Colin McMillan, the outgoing president of the Canadian Medical Association, was reported to say that he wants to get the issue out for public discussion....
- Privatization key issue for new CMA president. Sibbald, Barbara // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;8/15/2006, Vol. 175 Issue 4, p340
This article focuses on Dr. Colin McMillan, the appointed president of the Canadian Medical Association (CMA). He is a supporter of the publicly-funded health care system in Canada, however, he also questions its sustainability. One of the issues facing McMillan as the new president of CMA ...
- Winding Down and Ramping Up. Alliso, Robert L . // South Dakota Medicine;Dec2012, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p451
The article presents the author's view concerning on the developments in the medical procedures and annual exams for medical physicians in South Dakota. It mentions the South Dakota State Medical Associations (SDSMA) celebration of the Doctors of the Day on topics about the Affordable Care Act...
- Canada's health system needs overhaul, say nation's doctors. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);9/1/2007, Vol. 335 Issue 7617, p419
The article reports that the Canadian Medical Association released a statement saying that Canada's public health program should be updated. Colin McMillan, president of the Canadian Medical Association, said that the health system should be able to change as the needs of the people in Canada...
- White Paper support builds slowly. Ireland, Tom // GP: General Practitioner;11/19/2010, p18
The article presents information on the reaction of general practitioners (GP) of Great Britain, to a White Paper towards the formation of a consortium. A latest survey reportedly finds that support for the White Paper is gradually increasing, after its initial inception in July, 2011. In the...
- Sheaf of reports support equity call. McMillan, Virginia // New Zealand Doctor;1/30/2013, p11
The article focuses on the call from Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP) for the New Zealand government to ensure equality in health services.
- GPC calls for IT cash. // Pulse;10/24/2012, Vol. 72 Issue 35, p4
The article discusses the financial implications of including the budget of General Pharmaceutical Council in clinical commissioning groups.
- Stay staunch on scope of practice. Fox, Jonathan // New Zealand Doctor;12/17/2008, p28
The article presents an update on the Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP). New projects have been absorbed by the college at a great pace which reflects a great progress in ensuring general practice remains at the country's health service. The year 2008 also ended with a...
- Survey Finds SGR Keeping Physicians from Trying New Payment Models. // South Dakota Medicine;Dec2012, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p484
The article discusses the results of a research survey which supports the South Dakota State Medical Association (SDSMA) advocacy on systems for physician leadership in delivery and payment innovations.