THIS JUST IN
- MILLENNIUM DIGITAL MEDIA LOSES BLACK OWNERSHIP. Townes, Glenn // Black Enterprise;Mar2007, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p34
The article reports that Millennium Digital Media has changed its business strategy and, as a result, will lose its minority-ownership status. In order to upgrade its network and introduce new products and services, Millennium has increased its working capital by bringing in additional...
- HD DVR Delay Could Sting. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;7/31/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 30, p15
The article reports on the delay of the launch of new high-definition (HD) digital recording devices of DirecTV Inc. The delay could lose them a number of subscribers to other cable operators like Dish Network. The shortages of the combination HD digital video recorders have affected the...
- RCA To Sell DirecTV/WebTV Recorder. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;06/26/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p25
Reports on Thomson, DirecTV and Microsoft's WebTV's entry into the hard-drive video recorder business with a multifunctional interactive set-top box and service called UltimateTV in the United States. Features and capabilities of the device and service; Scheduled launch of UltimateTV products...
- Sitting, Waiting, Wishing: DirecTV's HD DVR Inches Along. // CableFAX Daily;7/25/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 142, p1
Speculates that introduction of high-definition digital video recorders (HD DVR) from DirecTV would result to customers defecting to cable competitors. Statement from Sanford Bernstein analyst Craig Moffett about the delayed introduction of the HD DVR from DirecTV; Contention of Comcast...
- Antec to provide gear for Millennium's upgrades. // CED;Nov99, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p98
Reports on Millennium Digital Media's selection of Antec to provide optical, radio frequency actives and network powering solutions for the upgrade of its properties in eastern United States. Antec's provision to Millennium of preferred pricing and service benefits.
- Wired vs. Wireless: Evaluate Your Needs Before Purchasing Digital Signage Equipment. Cawdery, Richard // Digital Content Producer;Mar2008, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p16
The article offers tips in purchasing a digital signage equipment. It offers a comparison between the wired and wireless technologies. It suggests using wireless solution if a user has required flexibility and prepared in making some compromises on video quality to attain it. Furthermore, it...
- Seattle MSO's Modems Take On AT&T's. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;04/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p22
Reports on Millennium Digital Media LLC's deployment of its cable modem service in Seattle, Washington. Neighborhoods wherein Millennium is expected to compete with AT&T@Home; Service charges.
- Sanders, Payer Out At MSO Millennium. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/24/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 52, p15
Reports the corporate reorganization of Millennium Digital Media Inc. in the United States. Resignation of executives; Assumption of Kelvin Westbrook on Charles Payer's duties; Selection of Steven Cochran as the chief financial officer.
- Weed's Wave Grows. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;2/27/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p46
Reports on an agreement reached by Millennium Digital Media Inc. with Wave Division Holdings LLC in February 2006 for selling subscribers in Washington, Oregon and Michigan to the latter. Information on the operations of Wave Division; System that will not be included in the deal; Information...