Motorola's Moloney: The Wireless Blend
- Moloney takes top spot at Motorola Broadband. // CED;Jul2002, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p16
Reports the appointment of Dan Moloney, president of Motorola Broadband Communications Sector. Career background; Job responsibilities; Contribution to the business industry.
- Motorola plans split for early 2011. Deffree, Suzanne // Electronic News;2/15/2010, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p5
The article reports on the plan of Motorola Inc. to establish two separate companies for mobile devices and network businesses. It states that the first will focus on the convergence of the Internet, media and mobility while the other firm will target the solutions for wireless operators,...
- Motorola Goes Back to Splitsville. SPANGLER, TODD // Multichannel News;2/15/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p4
The article reports on Motorola Inc.'s plans to split the company into two publicly traded entities. One of the parts will merge mobile devices and the cable-oriented Home business and the other comprises of its wireless networking and enterprise units. Sanjay Jha, currently co-CEO of Motorola,...
- Moloney Takes Helm At Motorola Broadband. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;6/17/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p61
Reports the appointment of Dan Moloney to be the president of the broadband division of Motorola Inc. in the U.S. Decline of the revenue; Opportunity of long-term growth with latest services; Decrease of operating earnings.
- serving up M-commerce. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;2/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p30
Reports that Motorola Corp. is about to launch its mobile commerce proposition through a deal with Food.com. Description of how consumers can benefit from the deal; Trial of the company's service; Other prospects of the company; Challenging part of the company's service.
- Radio rave. Masia, Seth // Ski;Oct96, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p29
Offers information on Motorola's pocket-size Sport 7 two-way radio. Price; Resetting of frequencies; User-friendliness; Usefulness for skiers.
- Cell Division. Tegel, Simeon // Latin Trade (English);Apr2001, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p21
Reports the possibility that the plant of mobile phone manufacturer Motorola in Chihuahua, Mexico, would take the role of supplying the North American market. Reason for the production shutdown of the company's plant in Harvard, Illinois; Information on the company's plant in Mexico.
- SHOWCASE. // Wireless Week;11/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 46, p37
Presents information on the Motorola i90c and Motorola i80s mobile phones. Features of the handsets.
- Motorola Continues To Gain Steam. Lopez, Ed // Wireless Week;10/18/99, Vol. 5 Issue 42, p14
Reveals that Motorola has gain profits in terms of sales of its digital handsets. Significance of cultural changes in Motorola's management; Increase in sales and orders of wireless telephones; Orders for cellular infrastructure equipment.