Making Green From Emmy's Red Carpet
- It's a Horrible thought. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;9/21/2009, Vol. 411 Issue 29, p7
The article presents information on the concern over declining television viewers' rating of the Emmy Award. It is stated that looking to turn around the ratings fortunes, the ceremony's producers shook things up, trying to inject entertaining tidbits into even the most routine of conventions...
- Emmy Dreams. Bednarski, P. J.; Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;2/12/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 7, p20
This article describes the Annual Daytime Entertainment Emmy Awards airing on June 15, 2007 on CBS. Several added categories were mentioned, including a competition for the best morning program. Nominations for most major categories will be announced on March 14, 2007. For the first time, the...
- QUICK TAKES. Worrell, Naomie // Television Week;8/22/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 34, p7
Presents views of Maruchi Urquiaga, senior vice president of programming and production at Castalia Communications, and Scott Withers, host of the television program "Brunch," on the influence of a television program's Emmy award nomination on the decision of viewers to watch the program.
- Untitled. WALLENSTEIN, ANDREW // Variety;9/25/2013, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the 2013 Emmy Awards, the efforts of research firm Nielsen in determining the viewing habits of television viewers and movie goers and the fast-changing media landscape.
- Emmy Noms' Afterglow Is Golden Only for a Few. Holloway, Daniel // Broadcasting & Cable;8/4/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 28, p16
The article focuses on issues related to the selection of nominees for the Primetime Emmy Awards, which honors the best in primetime television programming in the U.S. Topics discussed include comments by HBO programming president Michael Lombardo regarding the opinion of television viewers on...
- GROWING CAMPAIGNS. Pak, Miniu // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/23/2006, Vol. 394 Issue 27, pS19
The article presents information about the efforts of TV marketers to attract the attention of viewers towards their TV programs that have been nominated for the 2006 Emmy awards. Amid the glut of product that now outlines Emmy season, it is increasingly important to distinguish the good, the...
- Emmys add new-media vid category. Marlowe, Chris // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/15/2005, Vol. 391 Issue 43, p2
This article reports that original programming created for computers, mobile phones and other nontraditional screens is getting the seal of approval from the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (NATAS). The first-ever Emmy for these delivery platforms will be presented May 1, 2006....
- Newcomers Buoy Emmys Interest. Grego, Melissa; Lisotta, Christopher // Television Week;9/26/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p3
Presents information on the 57th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences on September 18, 2005. Winners in the awards; Highlights of the awards telecast; Comparison of the number of viewers drawn by the telecast in 2004 and 2005.
- What If the Emmys Bomb? Hernandez, Greg // Variety;8/15/2005 VLife Supplement, Vol. 399, p24
Deals with the efforts of the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences of the U.S. to boost the viewership of the telecast of the 2005 Emmy Awards. Changes in the acceptance speeches of winners at the 2005 Emmys; Importance of the nominations received by "Desperate Housewives"; Problem in...