- Lifetime: Brand Will Give Mag Staying Power. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;8/5/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 31, p19
Reports the plan of Lifetime Television to launch a consumer magazine in the U.S. Competition in the print industry; Focus of the magazine; Objective of the magazine.
- We're coming your way over the airwaves. DeLorenzo, Matt // AutoWeek;4/1/96, Vol. 46 Issue 14, p12
Presents information on the AutoWeek's program on Speedvision which was broadcast on March 21, 1996. Stations and times the show can be seen; Previews of the first shows; Expectations of show.
- Busted, again. Fromm, Emily // Adweek Eastern Edition;5/3/1999, Vol. 40 Issue 18, p4
Relates that the wrong advertisement from anti-advertising industry magazine `Adbusters' was aired by CNN for the magazine's promotion of International TV Turnoff Week. United States television networks' traditional turning down of ad spots from the magazine.
- Cable network devotes airtime to mag-o-mercials. Burns, Andrew // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;08/01/97, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p17
Cites the plans of Access Television Network, a cable network in Irvine, California, to create a channel dedicated to magazine marketing, to be named Access Magazine. Comments from Rick Gibson, vice president of programming at the company; How the company plans to keep cost in check.
- Please restart. Turner, Richard // New York;9/23/96, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p26
Discusses the deal behind the television version of `Wired' magazine. Pleas from Netizens for editor-publisher Louis Rossetto not to do it; Deal with NBC and Microsoft called MSNBC; MSNBC's attempts for a hipper, younger 24-hour news channel; First episode of `Wired' as epitome of not ready for...
- TEN MISTAKES That Led to the Great TIME CNN FIASCO. Hickey, Neil // Columbia Journalism Review;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p26
Outlines the ten mistakes that Cable News Network (CNN) and `Time' magazine made in reporting about the Operation Tailwind. Comments from Ted Turner, vice president of Time Warner; How the television station and the publication were criticized for the wrong reports; How they apologized to the...
- Par, Newsweek set series. Benson, Jim // Variety;1/30/95, Vol. 357 Issue 13, p38
Reports on the partnership between Paramount Domestic Television with Newsweek magazine and Post-Newsweek Stations to develop and produce a firstrun syndicated series based on the newsmagazine. Targeted release date; Statement from Paramount president of creative affairs, Frank Kelly;...
- Untitled. // MediaWeek;7/26/93, Vol. 3 Issue 30, p5
Reports on Nickelodeon's marketing strategies to support the August introduction of its first licensed footwear and to boost awareness of `Nickelodeon Magazine'. Sneakers and Doc-Martens-style shoes; Offer for a free copy of `Nickelodeon'.
- Asian video channel gets Billboard countdown show. // Billboard;9/3/94, Vol. 106 Issue 36, p6
Reports that `Billboard' has completed a deal that will allow 24-hour pan-Asian channel Channel V to use the magazine's album and singles charts for a two-hour countdown show of American hits. Coverage of Channel V; `Billboard' magazine's view on its relationship with Channel V; Use of both the...