If It Plays In Comporium
- Customer loyalties. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;4/17/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p10
The article discusses the importance of customer loyalty to telecommunication carriers in the U.S. It differentiates the service offered by cable television operators and that of satellite television operators. It emphasizes the loyalty of customers to a wireline telephone company compared to...
- Local Net service providers band together to level the field. Volz, Matthew // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);08/09/99, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the campaign of a group of Internet service providers in New Orleans, Louisiana for computer users and businesses to join its fight against open access to cable networks. Campaign of the Bayou OpenNet Network against open access; Opposition to the bundling of services by cable...
- Cable Modems Spread at Uneven Pace. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;08/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p58
Focuses on the expansion of the United States cable industry's high-speed Internet access business according to a report from the Federal Communications Commission. Market share of the residential broadband market; Competition for customers by telephone companies.
- WHAT LIES beneath. Langowski, Angela // CED;Jun2001 Supplement, Vol. 27, p8
Focuses on cable television operators' efforts to reach the commercial market for high-speed data and telephony services in the United States. Investment in and use of Internet technology by companies; Competition between cable operators and competitive local exchange carriers.
- Branching OUT. Kuhl, Craig // CED;Jun2001 Supplement, Vol. 27, p14
Focuses on the efforts of cable television operators to provide Internet services in the United States. Use of existing fiber infrastructure; Revenue from commercial market segment; Expansion of video, voice and data services into the business and commercial sectors.
- Partnering FOR SUCCESS. Careless, James // CED;Jun2001 Supplement, Vol. 27, p28
Focuses on cable television companies' provision of Internet services in the United States. Marketing of telecommunication-delivered digital subscriber line; Broadband business customers that can be attracted by AOL Time Warner.
- Excite@Home has MSOs scrambling. Fitchard, Kevin // Telephony;8/27/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 9, p12
Reports the preparation of cable operators for a possible problem with the internet service providers in the U.S. Examination on the possible effect of cable broadband connections; View of investors on the problem; Impact of broadband problems on the operation.
- Broadband broadsides hit Hill. McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;06/28/99, Vol. 129 Issue 27, p28
Focuses on the competition between cable television industry and Internet service providers (ISP) over the broadband communications capabilities of cable television systems in the United States. Demand of ISP companies for cable operators to provide them with access to their cable systems;...
- Cable, ISPs battle over leased access. McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;07/19/99, Vol. 129 Issue 30, p42
Focuses on the fight between cable television companies and Internet service providers over leased access in the United States. Cable television companies' assertion that providing leased access for Internet service providers would limit subscribers' programming choices.