Finding a Lock FOR VIDEO CONTENT
- Vista's restricted vision. Gillooly, John // APC (Bauer Media Group);Nov2006, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p86
The article presents information on the desktop of high-definition (HD) video and Windows Vista that are capable of piracy prevention. In the electronic industry, the DVD drives have been replaced by personal computers as a viewing platform with the introduction of PC videos. With the...
- Digital view of Aussie law. Lichtman, Irv // Billboard;9/10/94, Vol. 106 Issue 37, p120
Reports on the Copyright Covergence Group's recommendation of a change in Australia's 1968 copyright law to extend protection to audio and video works transmitted by new digital delivery systems. Proposal of a worldwide adoption of a digital diffusion right by global label group IFPI.
- Harmonic announces ProMedia Xpress. // Broadcast Engineering Exclusive Insight;5/25/2012, p2
The article previews the ProMedia Xpress high-performance file-based transcoder from Harmonic Inc.
- Don't just watch TV, Fetch TV. // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Mar/Apr2010, p39
The article presents FetchTV, launched by IP Vision in November 2008. Video-on-demand (VoD) is being embraced by consumers who still prefer to watch content on their television (TV) screen rather than the computer screen. FetchTV is a hybrid that delivers traditional TV channels via the Freeview...
- COPYRIGHT QUESTIONS OF THE MONTH. Simpson, Carol // Library Media Connection;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p48
The article presents questions and answers related to copyright, including one on video duplication for school viewing, another on reproducing copies of classical music for aural examinations and the legality of tracing a drawing from a computer.
- Biz braces for twist in piracy tech. // Daily Variety;3/1/2012, Vol. 314 Issue 43, p1
The article reports that Pirate Bay, which is the center of online pirated content, has been taken down and stopped serving torrent files, and a magnet links technology and a layer of protection will be used to block users access.
- BEAM SCHEME. Stewart, Andrew // Variety;4/4/2011, Vol. 422 Issue 8, p6
The article discusses PirateEye, a laser-based system for detecting unauthorized video recording of motion pictures in motion picture theaters developed by the company FPSI.
- ISPs PREP PIRACY ALERTS. Johnson, Ted // Daily Variety;10/19/2012, Vol. 317 Issue 15, p13
The article reports on the near launch of a system of Copyright Alerts by Center for Copyright Information, an organization in the U.S. set up by studios, record labels and cable and telecommunication companies, which alert consumers when they access pirated movies, television (TV) shows and music.
- Bits & Pieces. // Video Store Magazine;6/20/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p84
Presents an update of issues related to the video recordings industry in the U.S. as of June 20, 2004. Copyright lawsuits facing 321 Studios; Study on trend in video-on-demand programming.