Letting Customers Do It Their Way
- Can MTV Get Its Groove Back? Weprin, Alex; Atkinson, Claire // Broadcasting & Cable;2/23/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 8, p10
The article focuses on the efforts rendered by the Music Television (MTV) in retaining its popularity in the U.S. Accordingly, MTV was one of the most popular television programs not only in the country but in other nations and cites that this program was popular among the young adults. However,...
- TV on the stage. GAGNON, MILAN // Prague Post;10/10/2012 supplement, pND7
The article discusses the Golden Prague International Television Festivals of best music and dance in Å½of Ãn Palace in Czech Republic to appear on large and small television screens.
- Bollyville, U.S.A: The Commodification of the Other and MTV's Construction of the "Ideal Type" Desi. Balaji, Murali // Democratic CommuniquÃ©;Spring2008, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p23
When the Music Television Network launched MTV Desi in 2005, it promised to bridge the divide between South Asian Americans and their counterparts in the Indian subcontinent.' This study looks at how MTV Desi tried to create an "ideal type" South Asian American through its programming,...
- Pro-Bel rocks the Ukraine. Stout, Andy // TVB Europe;Mar2008, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p27
The article reports on the investment of MTV Ukraine in Pro-Bel Ltd.'s technology. The firm has installed a four-channel Morpheus automation system, supported by a Pro-Bel Halo router and TX Series Master Control. The content is delivered electronically and produces content and music videos from...
- Liverpool hosts MTV. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;11/1/2007, Vol. 297 Issue 24, p54
The article reports that Liverpool in England will host the 2008 MTV Europe Music Awards to be held at the Echo Arena on November 6. It states that over 1.5 billion people participate in the event coming from 100 countries. It states that since 1994, the country has been considered as the third...
- MY Day. Gallo, Phil // Billboard;5/11/2013, Vol. 125 Issue 18, p13
The article presents a typical daily schedule for Amy Doyle, executive vice president of music and talent for the cable television broadcaster MTV Networks. Topics include Doyle's work in music television programming, MTV's music strategy and artist relations, and preparations in April 2013 for...
- Launch Pad. // CableFAX Daily;9/14/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 178, p2
Unveils the plan of MTV Networks to launch its first high definition network to offer music programs and videos on January 16, 2006. Target audience for the programs to be featured in the network.
- A Content Analysis of Music Videos. Baxter, Richard L.; De Riemer, Cynthia; Landini, Ann; Leslie, Larry; Singletary, Michael W. // Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media;Summer85, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p333
The music video, as shown on Music Television (MTV), is a contemporary hybrid of rock music and film imagery. This study analyzed a sample of 62 MTV music videos in 23 content categories. Of the content categories studied, frequent occurrences were found in visual abstraction, sex, dance,...
- Industry optimistic over proposed Channel k music show. // Music Week;10/26/2012, Issue 43, p3
The article focuses on the decision of British broadcaster Channel 4 to launch new Friday night show based on music on its T4 scheduling slot.