Doing the Time Warp To Carve Music Niche
- London Live to launch music show. // Music Week;3/7/2014, Issue 59, p7
The article reports on the new music show to be part of the initial offering of the new television (TV) channel London Live which will debut on March 31, 2014.
- LIFE AFTER VIDEOS. Miller, Stuart // Multichannel News;3/31/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p18
The article reports on developments concerning music television in the United States. It discusses the introduction of new and innovative music programming and the growth of the secondary platforms, online, on-demand and mobile. The article also reports on the shift to Web sites as the main home...
- New shows joining APTN fall lineup. // Windspeaker;Nov2007, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p17
The article reports on the new programs unveiled by the Aboriginal Peoples Television Network (APTN) in Canada. Three new children's programs will be added to the APTN, including "Chic Choc," a series for Aboriginal youth, "Igloo-gloo," a program for pre-school audience, and "Anash and the...
- 9XO turns three; launches Awesome Threesome music block. // Indiantelevision.com;4/23/2015, p1
The article focuses on the international English music channel 9XO and its launch of new music blocks as it celebrates its third anniversary on April 24, 2015. It mentions the new music block 9XO Awesome Threesome which will offer three hit songs from more than 15 artists, the OmeGrown platform...
- Further `Behind the Music'. Pursell, Chris // Daily Variety;04/07/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 26, pB4
Focuses on music television channel VH1's `Behind the Music' series, which features some of the top recording artists in the United States. Channel's core audience; Level of interest that recording artists have in appearing on the series; Plans for the new series `Behind the Music 2.'
- Music-based series moves from Vh1 India to new Viacom Eng GEC 'Colors Infinity'. // Radio & Music;7/1/2015, p7
The article reports that Colors Infinity, an English general entertainment channel established by mass media company Viacom Inc., will broadcast music reality shows and talent shows that have previously aired on the cable network Vh1.
- NEW ACTS LIGHT FUSE. Shady, Justin // Daily Variety;8/18/2010, Vol. 308 Issue 32, pA4
The article reports on the plan of MSG Media's music channel Fuse to bridge the gap between musicians and their fans with a combination of live concert footage, documentaries and specials through partnerships with the artists. The channel launched its concert series "FusePresents," in June 2009...
- VH1 resuscitates 'Behind the Music'. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;3/19/2009, Vol. 409 Issue 2, p1
The article reports that cable television network VH1 is reviving its former signature series "Behind the Music." The network is ordering about 10 new episodes of "Music," bringing back the documentary program that ran for seven years on VH1 starting in 1997. Lil Wayne and Scott Weiland have...
- FUSE. // Advertising Age;2008 Cable Guide, Vol. 79, pC40
The article presents a profile of the Fuse channel on cable television. The music programming presented on the network is described and the channel's target market is given. Music bands featured on Fuse are listed including Foo Fighters and Red Hot Chili Peppers. Also discussed is the the...