Comcast Chief Takes on CES
- CE and cable: Odd bedfellows. M. R. // CED;Dec2008, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p20
The article reports on the collaboration between the Consumer Electronics Association and the cable industry in providing telecommunications in the U.S. The invitation of Comcast Corp. president and chief executive officer (CEO) Brian Roberts as a keynote speaker at the Consumer Electronics Show...
- CES Draws Cadre Of Industries, Issues. Smith, Steve // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/21/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p1
The article offers information on the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) held in Las Vegas, Nevada from January 7-10, 2008. According to Karen Chupka, events and conferences senior vice president of the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA), the show featured a record 1.85 million in...
- Comcast Bullish on HD. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;1/13/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p10
The article reports on the plan of Comcast Corp. to introduce on-demand high definition (HD) movies at the end of 2008 using over-cable-service-interface-specifications, a new open standard high-speed Internet service created by an industry research and development (R&D) consortium. The...
- Comcast mum on NBC Uni. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;11/5/2009, Vol. 412 Issue 10, p14
The article reports that Comcast Corp. chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) Brian Roberts has promised continued returns to shareholders as he tried to quell fears that a deal with NBC Universal would not be in the interest of investors.
- Comcast's Roberts And the Wearin' Of the Green. // Multichannel News;4/16/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 16, p6
The article reports on Comcast Corp. chairman Brian Roberts, who was seen sporting at the Green Jacket presentation at the Masters.
- Brian Roberts: Stretching Comcast's reach through new technology. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;8/2/93, Vol. 123 Issue 31, p29
Interviews president of Comcast Corp. Brian Roberts. Retransmission-consent regulations with broadcasters; Relationship between cable and broadcasters; NBC Inc.'s three-channel offer; Cable rate regulations; Role of the National Cable Television Association; Comcast Systems; Cable-channel...
- TURMOIL AND TRIUMPH: THE 1990s. // Multichannel News;11/18/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 44, p28
The article discusses major happenings of media and communication services provider Comcast Corp. in the 1990s which includes the joining of Brian Roberts as the chief executive officer (CEO) in 1990, a fire at its headquarters in 1991, and launch of first broadband product Comcast@Home in 1996.
- 50 leaders in the information technology. Andrews, Suzanna; Burrough, Bryan // Vanity Fair;Oct95, Issue 422, p282
Profiles Comcast Corp. president Brian Roberts. Corporate holdings; Career achievements; Personal background.
- Robert's Rules Of Irony. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;2/16/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 7, p13
Looks at the irony underlying the cancellation of Brian Roberts of Comcast Corp. on his involvement as keynote speaker at the annual American Association of Advertising Agencies convention in Orlando, Florida in February 2004.