U-Verse TV Spans 100K Subs
- What to Watch for at Carriage Election Time. // Multichannel News;9/26/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 36, p43
The article offers information regarding the carriage election time on October 1, 2011 in the U.S. It says that every three years, broadcasters are required to send letters to the satellite and cable operators in their markets containing must-carry election or retransmission-consent status for...
- Cable Industry Looks To Dump CableCARD. Wolpin, Stewart // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/30/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p34
This article considers the possible impact of the complete deployment of the Open Cable Applications Platform (OCAP) on the use of CableCARD as the key to secure access to cable programming in the U.S. With OCAP, cable subscribers would download their security and conditional access codes using...
- Innovation boxes out effective approach in Mercedes-Benz ads. Garfield, Bob // Advertising Age;5/11/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 19, p77
This article reports on technological innovations applied in television commercials as of 1992. AT&T Co. unveiled a digital compression technology that soon will permit 400-some cable signals to enter a home at once. This will have immediate consequences: First, viewers will be able to see...
- Taking some heat. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;06/05/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 24, p13
Reports on the American Family Association's call on the United States Department of Justice to initiate a criminal investigation of AT&T over its agreement to carry the adult pay-per-view service Hot Network. Hot President Bill Asher's description of the network's programming; Opponents of the...
- At press time. // Electronic Media;05/03/99, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p1
Reports developments in the television industry in the United States as of May 1999. Includes subscription rate hike by ESPN; Revelation of the WIS-TV source; Supreme Court order on the turn over of unbroadcast video of riots at Michigan State University.
- Military Channel Wins Initial Ratings Battle. Harper, Jennifer // Insight on the News;01/11/99, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p37
Provides information on the Military Channel cable network launched by Vietnam veterans in the United States. Stars seen in the network; Potential viewers of the network; Kind of shows broadcast on the network.
- Scannell acts as corporate juggler. Grego, Melissa // Daily Variety;11/28/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 60, pA8
Reports on the promotions for the re-branding of the cable network TNN in United States. Invitation for viewers to contribute point-of-views about the network; Details of the 'Undertaker' promotion; Slogan.
- Will NUE ever be on TV? McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;01/15/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 3, p104
Reports the difficulties faced by New Urban Entertainment (NUE), a black general entertainment network, in the United States. Scarcity of funds; Expression of acquisition interest by Sony Corp., Time Warner Inc. and NBC Inc.; Reduction of company production.
- On air: Oxygen launches. Bernstein, Paula // Daily Variety;02/02/2000, Vol. 266 Issue 44, p1
Reports on the launching of Geraldine Laybourne's women-oriented cable network Oxygen on February 2, 2000. Number of possible households in the United States that can tune in to the network; Advertisers; Focus on the convergence between television and the Internet.