Ford Drives Back to Discovery Nets
- Schleiff to Hallmark? // CableFAX Daily;9/25/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 185, p1
The article reports on the rumor that Court TV Chairman Henry Schleiff is moving to Hallmark Channel.
- Telemundo lays cable with Zel. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;9/27/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 59, p12
Announces the appointment of Antoinette Zel as new executive VP of cable networks and strategic planning of Spanish-language broadcaster Telemundo in Florida.
- A Q&A with Discovery's founder. Haley, Kathy // Television Week;4/4/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 14, pC6
Interviews John S. Hendricks, founder and chairman of Discovery Communications, about television broadcasting. Challenges facing the industry; Advantage of a multiple network over a single network; Advice for advertisers.
- Newsmakers. // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/28/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 48, p24
The article reports career developments of the executives in Connecticut. Cynthia M. Gallatin was promoted to associate vice president for online programs at Quinnipiac University Online. Georgia von Schmidt was appointed to the board of directors of the Norwalk Symphony Orchestra. Martin C....
- CBS' Eye on People, rainbow realign ad sales strategies. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;10/26/98, Vol. 8 Issue 40, p6
Cites the realignment of advertising sales operations at several cable networks in the United States. Discovery Networks' agreement to take over ad sales for CBS' Eye on People network; Assignment of separate sales teams at Bravo and MuchMusic.
- Brain gain. Larson, Megan // Adweek;5/3/2004, Vol. 45 Issue 18, pSR20
Billy Campbell's mission as the president of television network Discovery Networks Inc., is to make programming more entertaining and find the right people to make it and sell it. As Discovery Networks was entering its first upfront with Billy Campbell and Joe Abruzzese in 2003, at the helm, a...
- CAN THIS MAN SAVE NBC. MASTERS, KIM // Hollywood Reporter;11/24/2010, Vol. 416 Issue 54, p64
The article reports on programming executives Robert Greenblatt who recently joined the television network NBC. It is stated that one of his great skills is the assessment and handling of talent. It is commented that Greenblatt is a very hot piece of executive talent, having transformed...
- College Sports TV Nets Folded Into CBS Sports. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;1/7/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p4
The article reports that CBS is integrating College Sports Television Networks into the operations of CBS Sports. Tony Petitti, executive vice president and executive producer of CBS Sports, will oversee day-to-day operations of CSTV, replacing Brian Bedol, who founded the company and sold it to...
- THE FRANCHISE. LEITCH, WILL // New York;5/30/2011, Vol. 44 Issue 18, p12
The article discusses the sudden resignation of Dick Ebersol as head of the sports arm of NBC in the U.S. It says that ESPN owes its success in the last 10 years to its direct copying of the strategy of Ebersol at NBC, which was to exorbitantly spend for major items and use them as framework...