In Q2, Big Funds Held Steady on Cable
- Will Stocks of Cable Ever Be Stable? Robichaux, Mark // Multichannel News;8/25/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 33, p32
The author reflects on the implications of the instability of cable stocks for cable operators in the U.S. He mentions that in 2007, stocks had a 28% decline, an increase by 40% in 2006 and down 10% in 2005 and 8% decrease in 2004. He explains that the up-and-down stock price would give cable...
- MARKETS. // Multichannel News;10/24/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p30
Presents an update on the performance of cable television networks in the U.S. stock market as of October 2005. Financial performance of Arris in the third quarter of the year; Top companies that posted increased profits; Stock prices of several networks.
- Clear picture. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;9/28/2001, p14
Focuses on stability of the market share of M-Net/SuperSport (MNS) in Johannesburg, South Africa. Price valuation of MNS at the Johannesburg Stock Exchange; Details on the potential risk faced by the company; Problems accompanying the renewal of M-Net licence.
- TV ASAHI TO LIST STOCK. Herskovitz, Jon // Daily Variety;08/30/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 62, p9
Reports that Japanese network TV Asahi will list its shares on the Tokyo Stock Exchange starting October 3, 2000.
- Suite Season for YES. Lafayette, Jon // Broadcasting & Cable;6/28/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 26, p10
The article reports on the sales performance of advertising in Yankees Entertainment and Sports (YES Network) which is pacing as much as 50 percent ahead of 2009, according to YES Network Executive Vice-President of Global Partnerships Michael Wach.
- BRIEFLY NOTED. // Electronic Media;05/28/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p4
Reports developments concerning television broadcasting in the United States. Launch of television series concerning popular arts by Trio network; Acquisition plans of Vivendi Universal on MP3.com; Creation of integrated marketing department by A&E Television Networks.
- Tex and the City. Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;11/14/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 46, p12
Reports on the 2005 Country Music Association awards held in New York City and aired on cable networks Country Music Television and Great American Country. Challenges in attracting viewers with no appreciation for country music; Financial performance of the two networks; Marketing strategies of...
- MONITOR. Spangler, Todd; Steinert-Threlked, Tom; Farrell, Mike; Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;5/26/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p16
The article discusses the effort of cable industry for the modification of its television advertising as commmercial interruptions flies over the airwaves in New Orleans, Louisiana. It also presents a forecast on financial performance of the National cable networks. It mentions the Project...
- TV targets 3% increase in advertising revenue. Brech, Poppy // Marketing (00253650);1/8/2004, p6
Despite dramatic shifts in the television (TV) landscape last year, 2004 will bring surprisingly few big changes. One positive sign is that TV advertising revenues are expected to grow between 2% and 3%, according to Matt Blackborn, executive director of buying of the company Starcom MediaVest....