NBCU Nets Move Up N.Y. Dial
- Ratings. // CableFAX Daily;9/12/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 176, p2
Reports on the ratings posted by the USA cable television network's coverage of the initial 11 days of the U.S. Open in 2005.
- Elective Viewership. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;03/13/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p8
Looks at the ratings of cable news networks in election news in the United States in 2000. Ratings of CNN and Fox News Channel during the Super Tuesday primary in March; Factors affecting the ratings of cable news networks; Remarks from Steve Capus, executive producer of MSNBC's `The News With...
- Everything old is news again. Gay, Verne // Adweek Eastern Edition;3/17/1997, Vol. 38 Issue 11, Cable Report p8
Reports on the implications of new cable television networks' entry in news broadcasting in the United States. Low audience levels for cable news services; Performance of cable television networks MSNBC and Fox News Channel; Success of MSNBC's launching; Cable News Network's (CNN) measures to...
- NBC-Comcast Merger May Curb 'Cord-Cutting'. Hatch, David // National Journal;12/18/2010, p19
The article reports on challenges facing Seattle, Washington-based cable television network Ivi TV since it was launched in September 2010. Several broadcast networks have filed lawsuits alleging that Ivi TV does not have a permit to stream its signal live over the Internet. Ivi TV has insisted...
- FNC still atop primetime ratings heap. Bernstein, Paula // Daily Variety;05/02/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 45, p19
Reports that Fox News Channel marked its seventh consecutive month on top in Nielsen primetime audience ratings in the United States during April 2001. Television network's average primetime rating for the period; Ratings performance of Cable News Network (CNN); Ratings of an episode of the CNN...
- Monsieur Mickey faces tough Euro quota regs. Paoli, Pascale // Variety;03/03/97, Vol. 366 Issue 5, p65
Reports on the March 22, 1997 launch of the Disney Channel in France. Initial broadcast of the channel on Canal Satellite; Problems faced by Disney concerning this pending launch.
- IT'S LONELY AT THE TOP. Dempsey, John // Variety;9/10/2001, Vol. 384 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the success of Home Box Office (HBO) television network. Number of 2001 Emmy Awards nominations earned by HBO; Challenge facing HBO; Concern of HBO executives about AOL.
- ASIA'S MTV KUDOS. Osborne, Magz // Variety;9/10/2001, Vol. 384 Issue 4, p20
Reports on the plans of MTV Asia for its first pan-Asian kudocast in Singapore. What the kudos will include; One of the anchors of the program; Successful music awards in Asia.
- Hispanic Nets Heating. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;05/22/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p9
Focuses on the competition between Univision and Telemundo, the cable television networks for Hispanic viewers. Increase in the prime-time Hispanic television audience of Telemundo; Changes in the television programming schedule of Univision.