A Net With Island Flavor
- TV Should Not Talk Down to Its Audience. // Television Week;7/2/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 26/27, p10
The author agrees with the message delivered by former U.S. President Bill Clinton that television has a responsibility to make social and political issues understandable to its audience. The author says that social and political issues are covered by television station and networks via sound...
- Cable Upstart Challenges Big Boys. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;1/22/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 4, p14
The article discusses a Time Warner Cable owned network. The author notes that Time Warner's network, NY1 has a news show called "News at Eleven." NY1 is competing with other networks such as WNBC, WCBS, and WABC for New York City's news watching audience. NY1 is positioning itself as an...
- EW Programs The CW. Baldwin, Kristen; Goldblatt, Henry // Entertainment Weekly;2/3/2006, Issue 861, p11
The article suggests a programming lineup for The CW television network for fall 2006.
- Complexity of Eurosport. Fox, David // TVB Europe;Mar2002, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p1
Provides information on the advances in the broadcasting of sports by European Eurosport (EE), a pan-European television network. Number of languages by which EE television is broadcast; Description of the sport events covered by the company; Types of high-technology equipment and gadgets...
- Local Accents. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;6/12/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 24, p17
The article reports on the addition of local elements in CW and MyNetworkTV to be launched in Madison, Wisconsin. CW's partner, current WB station WBUW, will add a local host for segments on businesses and entertainment, while MyNetworkTV will air on a secondary digital channel of CBS affiliate...
- King Coal. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;3/23/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 12, p18
The article reports on the performance of the television network, WSAZ, in West Virginia. WSAZ's total day households ratings in November 2008 were twice of the nearest competitor. According to executives, the market in the state has withstood the economic downturn that affected the U.S. One...
- St. Croix has new television station. // Caribbean Business;4/20/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p43
Reports on the opening of the television station WCVI in the United States Virgin Islands. Station's affiliation with the United Paramount Network; Program lineup.
- Discovery Turns 100. // CableFAX Daily;1/18/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p3
The article reports on the launching of Discovery HD network in Japan. It is noted that there were 100 Discovery networks that has been launched worldwide.
- 260 Applications Pending for permission for Operating TV Channels. // Broadcast & CableSat;12/30/2015, p1
The article reports on 260 applications that are pending for grant of permission for operating television channels in India.