Cable Puts Digital 'Education' on TV
- Party time. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/19/96, Vol. 126 Issue 8, p89
Reports on the plan of Nickelodeon to hold a big bash to launch its TV Land nostalgia network during the 1996 National Cable Television Association.
- Party time. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/12/96, Vol. 126 Issue 7, p81
Reports on Nickelodeon's plan to hold a big bash at the Paramount Studios to launch its TV Land nostalgia network during the National Cable Television Association convention in Los Angeles on April 29, 1996.
- Spanish trip for Travel Channel off in October. Gelman, Morrie // Hollywood Reporter;5/8/95, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p6
Reports that The Travel Channel is expected to announce, during the 1995 convention of the National Cable Television Association in Dallas, Texas, a 24-hour Spanish-language version of its travel news, documentaries and live events for Latin America for introduction in October.
- TNT Builds Ties to Hollywood. Coppola, Vincent // Adweek Southeast Edition;1/14/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p5
Focuses on the television advertising campaigns for Turner Network Television (TNT) in the United States as of January 14, 2002. Description of the 'Drama is' advertisements; Market positioning of TNT; Tagline of the campaign.
- Discovery Channel's ads aim to stimulate TV viewers' curiosity. Trickett, Eleanor // Campaign;09/15/2000, Issue 37, p10
Reports on a television advertising campaign created by Hooper Galton for cable television network Discovery Channel. Cost of the campaign; Tagline; Description of each commercial; Individuals involved in developing the commercials.
- Aping Hollywood. Nashawaty, Chris; Murphy, Maggie // Entertainment Weekly;11/22/96, Issue 354, p12
Discusses a television ad for HBO that involves talking monkeys and uses the name of anthropologist Jane Goodall. A synopsis of the ad; The background of the idea; The cultural significance of it.
- MTV's age spots. Mukherjee, Tiarra // Entertainment Weekly;05/03/96, Issue 325, p11
Focuses on the advertisement for Music Television that is a parody of Courtney Love and Madonna. Features of the ad; David LaChapelle, the ads creator; Reaction from Love and Madonna.
- Chris Boothby was encouraged by ITV's autumn schedule, but wished the BBC had a mention. // Campaign (UK);7/5/2002, Issue 26, p10
Examines the business performance of ITV programme in Great Britain. Emphasis on the lack of imagination against old program schedule; Need to show improvements in performance; Concern on ITV's marketing and relationship with viewers.
- Hallmark to liberate the remote. // Televisual;May2002, p10
Presents information on the advertisement created by creative director Adam Woods for the television network Hallmark. Theme of the television advertisement; Production of the commercial.