Acquired hemophilia A presenting post partum
- MANEJO EXITOSO DE LA HEMORRAGIA POSTPARTO POR ACRETISMO PLACENTARIO MEDIANTE TAMPONAMIENTO CON BALÃ“N DE BAKRI. Morales, L. Antonio; Insunza, F. Alvaro; Latorre, R. Rodrigo // Revista Chilena de Obstetricia y GinecologÃa;2006, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p121
Background: The postpartum haemorrhage is a complication with a higher maternal morbimortality. Objective: To communicate the successful use of Bakri balloon in the treatment of postpartum haemorrhage. Method: The use of the device is presented. Results: The use of Bakri balloon permitted to...
- Accuracy in diagnosis of postpartum haemorrhage using visual estimation of blood loss versus change in haematocrit in a tertiary teaching hospital in Tanzania. WANGWE, PETER J. T.; BALANDYA, BELINDA // Tanzania Journal of Health Research;Apr2012, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p1
Postpartum haemorrhage is the leading cause of maternal death in the developing country and yet is poorly diagnosed due to inaccurate measurement of blood loss following delivery. A study was carried out at Muhimbili National Hospital (MNH) Tanzania between October 2005 and January 2006 to...
- Factor VIII. // Reactions Weekly;5/14/2005, Issue 1051, p10
Discusses research being done on the occurrence of thrombosis in a pregnant hemophilia A carrier after treatment with intrapartum recombinant factor VIII. Reference to a study by Z. Russell et al published in the April 2005 issue of "Obstetrics and Gynecology" journal; Dosage of factor VIII...
- Case 38-2008. Dzik, Walter H.; Laposata, Michael; Hertl, Martin; Sandberg, Warren S.; Chatterji, Manjil; Misdraji, Joseph // New England Journal of Medicine;12/11/2008, Vol. 359 Issue 24, p2587
The article presents a case study involving a 58 year old man with hemophilia, hepatocellular carcinoma, hepatitis C, and intractable bleeding. Differential diagnoses are included. The results of ultrasound imaging and computed tomography are discussed. Challenges associated with liver...
- Factor VIII inhibitor bypassing fraction. // Reactions Weekly;4/16/2011, Issue 1347, p21
The article describes the case of a 65-year-old man who developed confusion and expressive dysphasia and had cerebral infarcts after taking factor VIII inhibitor bypassing fraction during a bilateral inguinal hernia repair surgery.
- Factor VIII/octocog-Î±: Factor VIII inhibitor development: case report. // Reactions Weekly;Nov2013, Issue 1477, p17
The article presents a case study of a man with congenital haemophilia A who was treated with plasma-derived factor VIII or octocog-Î± (recombinant factor VIII) and developed factor VIII inhibitor.
- Idiopathic Acquired Hemophilia A with Undetectable Factor VIII Inhibitor. Abt, Nicholas B.; Streiff, Michael B.; Gocke, Christian B.; Kickler, Thomas S.; Lanzkron, Sophie M. // Case Reports in Hematology;2014, p1
Objective. We present the case of a 73-year-old female, with no family or personal history of a bleeding disorder, who had a classic presentation for acquired hemophilia A. Factor VIII activity was low but detectable and a factor VIII inhibitor was undetectable. Methods. The patient's plasma was...
- Emergencies Associated With Pregnancy and Delivery: Peripartum Hemorrhage. Kainer, Franz; Hasbargen, Uwe // Deutsches Aerzteblatt International;9/11/2008, Vol. 105 Issue 37, p3
The article focuses on the study of peripartum hemorrhage which was known to be associated with pregnancy and delivery. The said medical case has been regarded as one of the leading cause of maternal morbidity and mortality worldwide especially to those patients who have undergone a cesarean...
- Spontaneous Pregnancy in a Patient with Sheehan's Syndrome. Bhagat, Manisha; Salhan, Sudha; Sarda, Nivedita; Bajaj, Bindu // JK Science;Jan-Mar2011, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p33
Spontaneous pregnancy in patients with Sheehan's syndrome is very rare, even after ovulation induction in such patients' pregnancy outcome is poor. We report a case of women with Sheehan's syndrome who became pregnant without ovulation induction with successful outcome of pregnancy.