Reading, Writing and IP Video
- Cameras Document Evidence In Columbine-Style Plan. Pascopella, Angela // District Administration;Feb2008, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p16
The article discusses how a surveillance system based on Internet protocol (IP) helped prevent an attack similar to the one that occurred at Columbine High School that had been planned by two students at Connetquot High School in Bohemia, New York. Cameras from the Dynaview Network Video...
- When Ruby Met Webby: A Star Is Born. Moritz, Robert // New York;10/16/2000, Vol. 33 Issue 40, p60
Presents information on the equipment used for wireless household security surveillance. Details on the XCam2 digital camera surveillance unit from X10; Information on the XRay Vision software kit for Internet broadcasting; Applications of the household surveillance system.
- LOW BANDWIDTH PLEASES EVERYONE. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2005 Supplement, p26
Focuses on the Linux-based digital video recorder (DVR) VPON developed by Aegis Micro in the U.S. Features of the DVR; Specifications of the products; Reliability of the surveillance system.
- Digital Video solutions for the End User. O'Mara, Deborah // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul2001, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p40
Focuses on the benefits of digital video technology for surveillance, recording, storage and retrieval. Powerful storage capacities; Digital video multiplexing and recording; Adaptability of digital surveillance; Automated tracking; Object detection and discrimination.
- WHAT CUSTOMERS WANT: VIDEO SURVEILLANCE WITH POWER. Joan; Engebretson, David // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2004, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p59
Explores the security companies' conversion of video surveillance systems from analog to digital in the United States . Reasons for the shift towards digital cameras and digital video recordings; Factors considered by customers in purchasing cameras; Trends toward the integration of video system...
- Super Sizing with Megapixel Cameras. Freschi, Cynthia // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Feb2007, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p84
The author discusses the advantages in using high resolution megapixel cameras in a security surveillance system. She argues that the clarity and precision of image provides indesputable image that is of importance to security applications. Moreover, she stresses that using a megapixel camera...
- INSIDER NEWS. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jan1999, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p75
Reports developments in the security systems industry in North America as of January 1999. Effectiveness of the Primary Image digital technology in capturing security information; Provision of digital image processing technology by Remote Site Monitoring; Launch of the SafeKids Security Program.
- Working Fiber Optics. Davis, Ed // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2003, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p36
Focuses on the use of fiber optics in a wide of range of applications such as security, surveillance, access control and video distribution. Advantages of fiber systems; Composition of the glass fiber used in fiber optic transmission; Three components of the fiber optic transmission.
- Introducing the CamPuter. Cringely, Robert X. // Inc.;Apr2003, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p61
Presents information on the video surveillance cameras developed by Boundless Security Systems in Monroe, Connecticut. Nature of the company; Features of the cameras; Benefits of digital technology to the development of the cameras.