A Comprehensive System Refurbishing
- What's in the Cards? // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2002, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p33
Focuses on the use of biometric identifiers to machine-readable tamper-resistant visas and other machine-readable travel documents in the United States. Information to be used on government identification cards; Homeland security national strategy; Methods of achieving the goal of higher level...
- Top 25 Hospital Systems. // Modern Healthcare;2/25/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p48
Presents a chart on the top 25 hospital systems in the U.S. in 2000.
- It's called desire. Bellandi, Deanna // Modern Healthcare;11/09/98, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p41
Surveys several of the fastest-growing hospitals and hospital system in the United States between 1991 and 1996. Ranking of hospitals; Net revenues; Market observations on the hospitals.
- A road map for health care industry changes. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);09/10/99, Vol. 46 Issue 37, p5B
Presents a lineup of facilities under the five hospital systems operating in Long Island, New York. North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System; Catholic Health Services of Long Island; Winthrop South Nassau University Health System; Long Island Health Network; Episcopal Health System.
- Governance, Accountability and Trust. Freund, Lisa M. // Healthcare Executive;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p4
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on the effects of growing demands for hospital accountability and transparency, another on the role of board members and their responsibilities and an article on hospital mergers and acquisitions.
- New York area's largest hospital networks. // Crain's New York Business;04/26/99, Vol. 15 Issue 17, p22
Presents a chart on the largest hospital networks in New York State. Includes names of hospital networks; Heads of networks; Total revenues in 1997 and 1998; Number of hospitals; Number of ambulatory centers.
- Plan ahead award. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/17/95, Vol. 42 Issue 16, p1
Praises the Long Island hospitals Central Suffolk, Eastern LI and Southampton for coordinating a network that includes sharing expenses and combining services.
- New York Area's Largest Hospital Networks. Lopez, Denise // Crain's New York Business;04/24/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 17, p46
Ranks the largest hospital networks in New York, based on revenues. Key executives; Number of hospitals in the area; Number of ambulatory care centers; Number of nursing homes; Number of employees.
- Large systems push out independent hospitals. // AHA News;3/3/97, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the increasing percentage of ownership of hospital beds in Florida by the multihospital systems. Reason for decline of independent hospitals; Decreasing pace of consolidation; Prediction of cuts and closure.