What, Exactly, Are Giblets?
- Good hygiene comes from good habits. // Australian Journal of Pharmacy;Oct2011, Vol. 92 Issue 1097, p30
The article presents information on the implementation of hygienic care in the form of hand washing, surface cleaning and food handling for the reduction the infectious diseases.
- Poultry on the menu. Oros, Bob // Restaurant Hospitality;Nov96, Vol. 80 Issue 11, p100
No abstract available.
- Recipe. Frahm, Randy // Duck Hunting;2002, p8
The article presents a recipe for making orange duck. Ingredients include duck breasts, orange juice, onions, carrots, garlic cloves and spices. It is recommended that children should have adult supervision.
- GUEST COMMENTARY. Craft Cocktail Considerations: Fundamental Food Sanitation for Modern "Mixology". Kazanchyan, Gevork // Journal of Environmental Health;Nov2012, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p26
The article reports on a resurgence of interest in alcoholic beverages known as craft cocktails which is being seen in 2012 across the globe and discusses the public health considerations of several products, including fresh produce, hand shaped ice and raw eggs, which are used in craft...
- Top 5 Thanksgiving injuries. // Ellis County Press;11/22/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 33, p5
The article offers tips on preventing injuries during Thanksgiving Day such as not wearing lose clothes to prevent burns due to fire incidents, thorough washing of hands when handling uncooked meat, and staying focused when slicing food.
- Kitchen germ killers. Paturel, Amy // Baby Talk;Oct2004, Vol. 69 Issue 8, p85
Evaluates the effectiveness of several antibacterial products in maintaining kitchen hygiene. Basic rules of kitchen hygiene; Best way to wash hands; Advantage of using wooden boards in cutting food; Drawback of using sponge; Technique in washing vegetables.
- How to...prepare and cook a turkey. Nail, Martyn // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;11/25/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4351, p20
Presents tips on preparing and cooking a turkey.
- Away he drove, leaving me with two dead birds and not a clue what to do. Roberts, Michele // New Statesman;8/4/2003, Vol. 132 Issue 4649, p40
Offers observations on cooking cockerels. How she got the cockerels; Preparation for cooking poultry; Description of dinner with friends.
- Who wants the drumstick? Lang, Joan // Restaurant Business;11/20/94, Vol. 93 Issue 17, p76
Focuses on the increased per-capita consumption of turkey due to its increasing popularity in the United States. Affordability of price; Cross-utilization and portion-control advantages; Popularity of City Tavern in Philadelphia, Penn. as a turkey restaurant.