Please Pass the Remote
- Cook with confidence. Hurst, Andria Scott // Southern Living;Nov2005, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p194
Shares Thanksgiving Day tips for cooking turkey and special side dishes. Directions for buying turkey; Suggestion that a turkey is best cooked on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; Advantage of using convection ovens for cooking turkey.
- A SUMPTUOUS THANKSGIVING MADE SIMPLE. Nyenhuis, Jacquelyn // Saturday Evening Post;Nov86, Vol. 258 Issue 8, p26
Preparing Thanksgiving turkey with trimmings is a tall order, even for most experienced cooks. The turkey is cooked first in the microwave, and then browned in the conventional oven just before serving. The result is an extra-moist bird with a crisp, golden crust. This method works well because...
- BEYOND THE TURKEY. Head, Thomas; Hacinli, Cynthia // Washingtonian Magazine;Nov2004, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p133
Presents suggestions from chefs on how to liven up the traditional Thanksgiving meal. Ingredients of a side dish appropriate for serving turkey or venison; Steps in cooking pecan pie with diced sweet potatoes; Use of Fuji apples in food preparation.
- Side dishes take centerstage. Norvell, Candyce // Better Nutrition;Nov96, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p76
Provides side dishes recipes for Thanksgiving. Procedures in making cranberry sauce, and sweet potato casserole; Lisa Moore's turkey-barley soup; Thankgiving risotto, risotto alla milanese, and maple-flavored Indian pudding; Cooking tips.
- Tantalizing trimmings. Weatherstone, Jody // Working Mother;Nov99, p96
Presents six recipes of side dishes for a Thanksgiving dinner. Includes Harvest Smashed Potatoes; Portobello and Pearl-Onion Ragout; Hazelnut Cranberry Sauce; Cauliflower and Carrot Gratin. INSET: Going cold turkey..
- Thanksgiving Dinner And Now for Something Not Quite Completely Different. Jackson, Kate // Today's Diet & Nutrition;Nov2012, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including one way of cooking turkey, presentation of a healthful lineup of Mediterranean-inspired side dishes, and making apple and pumpkin pies.
- Roast Turkey. Sanna, Ellyn; Therrien, Patricia // Thanksgiving (American Regional Cooking Library);2004, p20
This section presents the Thanksgiving recipe Roast Turkey. INSET: Thanksgiving History.
- Turkey Gravy. Sanna, Ellyn; Therrien, Patricia // Thanksgiving (American Regional Cooking Library);2004, p22
This section presents the Thanksgiving recipe Turkey Gravy. INSET: Thanksgiving Tradition.
- Doing it the lard way. Trillin, Calvin // New Yorker;11/27/95, Vol. 71 Issue 38, p112
Comments on Thanksgiving cookery. Frying of whole turkey into gallons of hot lard; Hazards of cooking the turkey; Speculations on the history of the first Thanksgiving dinner.