Hints, Helps & Tidbits
- Christmas in July. // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);7/8/2013, Vol. 64 Issue 28, p40
The article presents several recipes including roast turkey with herb stuffing and pork chipolatas, spiced nuts, and roast vegetables.
- HOME-BAKED BIKKIES. // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);2/11/2008, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p61
Several recipes for biscuits are presented including Choc Cornflake Biscuits, Monte Carlos, and Ginger Nut Biscuits.
- The Stuffing. // Bon Appetit;Nov98, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p146
Presents several stuffing recipes for roast turkey. Leek, Mushroom and Bacon Stuffing With Tarragon; Wild Rice Stuffing With Pearl Onions, Dried Cherries and Apricots; Sweet Potato Corn Bread Stuffing With Greens and Bacon. INSETS: Do-ahead stuffing tips;To bake stuffing in turkey.
- Sweet Pastries. Hedgethorne, Valerie // Cake Craft & Decoration;May2010, p72
The article offers information on the ingredients of making the sweet pastries. It states the ingredients in making various types of pastries and their procedures. It also mentions the role of different kinds of nuts in making sweet pastries, including brazil nuts, walnuts and hazelnuts....
- Holiday cookie recipes that take the cake. // Charlotte Post;12/12/2013, Vol. 39 Issue 14, p3B
Recipes for Sugar Cookie Cutouts, Hershey's Peanut Butter Blossoms and Chewy Macademia Nut Cookies presented.
- rising TO THE OCCASION. Farrell-Kingsley, Kathy // Vegetarian Times;Mar2006, Issue 339, p49
The article presents several recipes for muffins including Banana-Wheat Muffins, Pear-Walnut Muffins, Apple-Oat Muffins, and Mocha-Nut Muffins.
- A fall field guide: nuts. Krautwurst, T. // Mother Earth News;Sep/Oct88, Issue 113, p80
A guide to recognition, treatment and consumption of several different kinds of nuts. Includes acorns, beechnuts, hickory nuts, pine nuts and more. INSET: A fold-up field book..
- Sweets `n' Nuts Slaw. Brown, Edwin W. // Medical Update;Sep98, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p5
Provides information on the recipe, Sweets `n' Nuts Slaw.
- Aw, nuts! Shulman, Martha; Masters, Charles // Self;Dec93, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p154
Studies the role of nuts in the diet. Creation of dishes by vegetarians to supplement their diets; Nuts as a source of food; Views of nutritionist Walter Willett and heart specialist Dean Ornish on nuts in food; Role of nuts in preparation of cuisine; Characteristics of nuts and seeds.