- Illinois legislature considering measure requiring ATMs to show transaction fees. Barthel, Matt // American Banker;5/2/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 83, p12
Reports on a bill requiring automated teller machines (ATM) in Illinois to disclose the cost of the transaction to clients and to give them the option of terminating it without penalty. Requirement to print fees on the transaction receipts; Concern of bankers and network executives over the...
- Lawmakers playing politics with ATMs? Barthel, Matt // American Banker;6/1/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 104, p14
Reports on the concerns of the electronic banking industry regarding the motives behind legislation aimed at automated teller machines (ATM). ATM legislation as a way of getting votes; Reluctance of bankers to express their opinions publicly to avoid undermining compromise on ATM legislation;...
- Charging for your cash: How much is too much? Gest, Ted // U.S. News & World Report;06/23/97, Vol. 122 Issue 24, p29
Discusses the controversy surrounding the trend of banks rising surcharges for the use of automated teller machines. The views of Senate Banking Committee Chairman Alfonse D'Amato.
- Connecticut Regulators Lose a Round On ATM Fees . HARRISON, DAVID // American Banker;4/9/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 67, p1
Discloses United States District Judge Janet Bond Arterton's ruling against Connecticut regulators who are attempting to prevent two nationally chartered banks from imposing automated teller machine surcharges. Office of the Comptroller of the Currency as designated agency to determine if a...
- Tyme will tell of shorter ATM-slip numbers. // American Banker;9/1/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 169, p11
Reports on Tyme Corp.'s policy in which the words `For your protection full card number not printed,' will appear on all receipts issued at automated teller machines (ATM). Federal Reserve Board ruling dropping the requirement that banks include a customer's entire account number on an ATM receipt.
- High-fivin' `n' Huggin'. Dendy IV, John B. // Airman;Apr2000, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p44
Focuses on the Musgrove Family Bowl, a bowling program for mentally disabled United States Air Force family members in Clearfield, Utah. Benefits of the program; Other games included in the program; Experiences of the handicapped athletes who participated in the program.
- United States Air Force time line - 1947 - 1997. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/16/1997, Vol. 146 Issue 16, p74
Presents lists of US Air Force commanders and secretaries from 1947-1997, and the dates they held their positions. Secretaries of the Air Force; Air Force chiefs of staff; Commanders of the Air Force Logistics Command, Air Force Space Command, Strategic Air Command, Military Airlift Command,...
- USAFA instructor opportunities. // Airpower Journal;Summer91, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p93
Reports on the Military Studies Division at the United States Air Force Academy's search for captains for instructor duty in the summer of 1991 and beyond. Qualifications; Sponsored masteral education for selected instructors.
- Legal assistance and preventive law crosscurrents. // Reporter;Sep94, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p21
Provides legal assistance to US Air Force officers and employees regarding tax compliance requirement. Pre-planning program; Forms and publication distribution program; Set up of unit tax advisor program; Tax education; Electronic filing system to facilitate tax payments.