GIFTS OF APPRECIATED SECURITIES
- Bail out if your closed-end fund converts to open-end. Napach, Bernice // Medical Economics;12/14/98, Vol. 75 Issue 24, p24
Encourages investors to bail out on closed-end mutual funds in the United States which have converted to open-end status. Tax implication of the conversion; Comparison between the net asset value of both types of funds; Portfolio restructuring required after the conversion.
- Closed-end funds: A bargain-hunter's playground. // Medical Economics;8/7/95, Vol. 72 Issue 15, p210
Presents a table of bargain-priced closed-end mutual funds. Advantages of closed-ends over regular open-end funds; Relation of demand and share price of closed-end funds.
- CLOSED-ENDED MUTUAL FUNDS. Dunnan, Nancy // ABA Journal;Nov88, Vol. 74 Issue 11, p104
Discusses the advantages of closed-end mutual funds. Three basic types of closed-end funds; Investors' awareness of the fundamental difference in how closed-end funds are priced; Guidelines when selecting a fund; Reasons for the superior performance of closed-end mutual funds. INSETS:...
- Mutual fund cousins. Cintron, Ivan // Black Enterprise;Jun2000, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p64
Discusses the difference between an open-end and a closed-end mutual fund.
- Dividends Cut in Aftermath of Fed Hikes, Strong Long End. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;09/20/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30979, p7
Reports on dividends changes on closed-end funds introduced in the United States in 1998 and 1999. BlackRock Strategic Municipal Trust; Colonial Insured Municipal; Eaton Vance Municipal Income Trust; Nuveen CA Dividend Advantage Municipal.
- As Rates Fall, Returns Continue to Improve. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/20/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31164, p32
Reports on developments concerning closed-end funds in the United States as of June 20, 2001. Spread between funds' borrowing rates and their return on investments; Outlook for municipal leveraged funds.
- Analysts still wary of marked-down closed-end funds. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;01/03/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30799, p2A
Reports on developments concerning closed-end funds in the United States as of January 3, 2000. Decline of average municipal closed-end fund prices; Forecasts for the year 2000.
- Closed-end funds are better used than new. Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;9/19/95, Vol. 87 Issue 206, p9
Describes the concepts of mutual funds and the closed-end funds. Guidelines to the investors on various types of mutual funds. INSET: Stellar closed-end mutual funds..
- Funds managers on sale here. Kahn, Virginia Munger // FW;
Advises investors to put their money in closed-end funds. Alternative for investors discouraged by expensive, up-front charges imposed by mutual funds with well-known managers; Pairing strategy; Evaluation of paired funds; Need for portfolio and price analyses to determine the right fund for you.