MD FINANCIAL HELPS. FUTURE DOCTORS WITH $250,000 DONATION
- DR. JOHN BIG CANOE MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENT TRACY MICHANO-STEWART. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;Fall2007 Foundation Update, Vol. 177, p6
The article presents information about Tracy Michana-Stewart, a medical student who got Dr. John Big Canoe Memorial Scholarship award. She is a second-year student at the University of Northern Ontario Medical School in Thunder Bay, Ontario. It is said that the scholarship has been crucial to...
- THE GERRY LYNCH MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENT CRYSTAL HANN. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;Fall2007 Foundation Update, Vol. 177, p7
The article presents information about the Gerry Lynch Memorial Scholarship. The scholarship was established in 1995 in honor of Gerry Lynch, former executive director of the Newfoundland and Labrador Medical Association (NLMA). The annual scholarship is provided to a graduating medical student...
- 'Dollars for Scholars' Announces Donation Drive. // India -- West;2/19/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 13, pA20
The article reports on the donation drive developed by the charitable institution Shanti Bhavan which would support a class of 210 students in India.
- Doctors who default on loans shamed on the Internet. Josefson, Deborah // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);01/31/98, Vol. 316 Issue 7128, p328
Deals with the use of the Internet in publicizing names of doctors and health professionals that have evaded student loan payments in the United States. Reason for the move; Background information on student loans for medical students in the country.
- Sallie Backs Med School Abroad. Jalili, H. Michael // American Banker;5/2/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 83, p4
This article describes an announcement by Sallie Mae that it has introduced a new loan program for U.S. students pursuing graduate medical degrees abroad. The educational lender announced the Global Health Education Loan Program Monday, a suite of loan products that includes a federal Stafford...
- Gift aid at for-profit colleges. // Occupational Outlook Quarterly;Spring2013, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p34
The article presents information on three gift aid programs started by the Imagine America Foundation, each of which provides scholarship worth 1,000 dollars to students enrolling at participating schools, including high school seniors, veterans and military students, and adult students.
- Mehfil Supports Kwantlen Journalism Students. // Asian Pacific Post;12/3/2009, p4
The article reports on a 40,000 U.S. dollar endowment established by "Mehfil Magazine" to provide financial assistance for journalism students at Kwantlen Polytechnic University.
- The Shitai Story: A Documentary of Visiting the AiXin Assisted Educational Program in Shitai. Guo, Xiao-Hua; Lijuan, Lu; Wang, Sheng-Wei // ChinaUSFriendship.com;Apr2012, p2
In this article the authors discuss a visit made by them to Shitai in Anhui Province, China, where they saw the suffering of the people there. The authors, who were volunteers on behalf of the AiXin Foundation, interviewed over three days twelve families of students who received financial aid....
- Growing college endowments benefit student aid. // Inside Tucson Business;12/20/99, Vol. 9 Issue 39, p11
Reveals the positive impact of college endowments on student aid, based on a study conducted by Research Corp. Efforts of colleges in using the funds to support their science programs.