SPECIAL BURSARY PROGRAM FOR ABORIGINAL MEDICAL STUDENTS RECIPIENT ADAM COTA
- 2006 AMSUS Major General Jerry Sanders Scholarship. // Military Medicine;Spring2006 Supplement, p10
The article highlights the Association of Military Surgeons United States' (AMSUS) announcement of the Third Annual Major General Jerry Sanders Scholarship in 2006. The scholarship benefits an AMSUS member or immediate family member who is pursuing a degree in a healthcare-related field....
- MUSIC - THE BEST MEDICINE! // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;Fall2007 Foundation Update, Vol. 177, p4
The article offers information on the fund raising event that was held on November 27, 2006 at Concordia University in Montreal, Quebec. It is stated that around $40,750 were collected through the concert that was later used for funding bursaries for medical students of four medicine faculties...
- NATIONAL MEDICAL STUDENT BURSARY PROGRAM RECIPIENT BERNADETT KOVACS. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;Fall2007 Foundation Update, Vol. 177, p5
The article offers information on Bernadett Kovacs, recipient of a $5,000 scholarship raised by the Canadian Medical foundation in Canada through their National Medical Student Bursary Program. It is stated that she has completed degrees in clinical psychology, biology and neuroscience research...
- ACT accepting applications for medical school scholarships. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;3/13/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 62, pA3
The article reports on the acceptance of medical school scholarship applications by Adirondack Community Trust (ACT) for the Dr. U.R. Plante Medical Scholarship Fund in New York.
- grants and awards. // Gifted Child Today;Summer2005, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p10
Presents updates on educational grants and awards in the U.S. as of June 2005. Overview of initiative grants available from the Captain Planet Foundation; Subjects of available grants from Intel Foundation; Information on the Blackwell Medical Scholarship Program.
- Handy resource for the med student. Petten, Cheryl // Saskatchewan Sage;May2001, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p19
Reports the publication of a medicine book beneficial to Aboriginal medical students in Canada. Contribution of physician Gilles Pinette in editing the book; Medical scholarships and awards listed in the book; Appreciation of counselors and students for the resource.
- A moving story. Smaglik, Paul // Nature;2/13/2003, Vol. 421 Issue 6924, p765
Shares Peter Schlogelhofer's postdoc dilemma, a graduate student in plant molecular biology at the University of Vienna and was seeking a postdoc position in the U.S. Several postdoc offers received by Schologelhofer; Schlogelhofer's reasoning; Decision made by Schlogelhofer.
- State program offers free school to med students. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);5/25/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p4
The article focuses on the Outstanding Rural Scholar (ORS) Program, a forgiveness loan program offered by the Texas State Office of Rural Health which pays the tuition and living expenses of students desiring to become licensed health care professionals who would serve in rural communities.
- Integrated community clerkship: Medical education at UBC and the challenge of underserved communities. Fleming, Bruce; MacKenzie, Mark // British Columbia Medical Journal;May2013, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p192
An innovative form of clinical training has been a successful and popular component of the MD undergraduate program in the Faculty of Medicine at the University of British Columbia since 2004. The Integrated Community Clerkship Program is an example of a longitudinal integrated clerkship that...