DR. RUTH KURDYAK MEMORIAL MEDICAL ALUMNI BURSARY FUND
- Robert Wood Johnson Health Policy Fellowships Program Enters 32nd Year of Funding; Seven Health Professionals Selected to Receive Competitive Awards. // Ascribe Newswire: Medicine;8/10/2005, p1
The article reports that seven health professionals with a wide range of academic and community-based experience have been named Robert Wood Johnson Health Policy Fellows for 2005-2006. Established in 1973, the Robert Wood Johnson Health Policy Fellowships Program is designed to develop the...
- The Ethics of Scholarship: Discussion of Problems That Arise in Its Application. Benjamin, A. Cornelius // Journal of Higher Education;Dec1960, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p471
The article examines whether scholarship has an ethics and what problems arise in its application. Scholarship defined as the pursuit of knowledge. However, there are scholars who are arrogant by abusing scholarship. They love learning for it helps them to inflate their egos. On the other hand,...
- DR. JOHN BIG CANOE MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENT TRACY MICHANO-STEWART. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;Fall2007 Foundation Update, Vol. 177, p6
The article presents information about Tracy Michana-Stewart, a medical student who got Dr. John Big Canoe Memorial Scholarship award. She is a second-year student at the University of Northern Ontario Medical School in Thunder Bay, Ontario. It is said that the scholarship has been crucial to...
- ACT accepting applications for medical school scholarships. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;3/13/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 62, pA3
The article reports on the acceptance of medical school scholarship applications by Adirondack Community Trust (ACT) for the Dr. U.R. Plante Medical Scholarship Fund in New York.
- Wood Institute Research fellowships. // Journal of Medical Ethics;Sep94, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p168
Reports on the recipients of the 1994 Wood Institute Research fellowships awarded by the College of Physicians of Philadelphia in Pennsylvania. Paul Berman, Deborah Franklin, Jennifer Gunn, Lisa Herchbach, David McCarter, Jeffrey A. Mullins and Allison Pingree as awardees; History of Wood...
- THE GERRY LYNCH MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENT CRYSTAL HANN. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;Fall2007 Foundation Update, Vol. 177, p7
The article presents information about the Gerry Lynch Memorial Scholarship. The scholarship was established in 1995 in honor of Gerry Lynch, former executive director of the Newfoundland and Labrador Medical Association (NLMA). The annual scholarship is provided to a graduating medical student...
- Handy resource for the med student. Petten, Cheryl // Saskatchewan Sage;May2001, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p19
Reports the publication of a medicine book beneficial to Aboriginal medical students in Canada. Contribution of physician Gilles Pinette in editing the book; Medical scholarships and awards listed in the book; Appreciation of counselors and students for the resource.
- A moving story. Smaglik, Paul // Nature;2/13/2003, Vol. 421 Issue 6924, p765
Shares Peter Schlogelhofer's postdoc dilemma, a graduate student in plant molecular biology at the University of Vienna and was seeking a postdoc position in the U.S. Several postdoc offers received by Schologelhofer; Schlogelhofer's reasoning; Decision made by Schlogelhofer.
- State program offers free school to med students. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);5/25/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p4
The article focuses on the Outstanding Rural Scholar (ORS) Program, a forgiveness loan program offered by the Texas State Office of Rural Health which pays the tuition and living expenses of students desiring to become licensed health care professionals who would serve in rural communities.