- Joy to the World. Meltzer, Karie // Saint Charles Avenue;Mar2007, p32
The article highlights the "Christmas in Washington Square" fund raising event conducted by the Girls and Boys Town of Louisiana and Faubourg Marigny Improvement Association held in Louisiana on December 10, 2006. Children and survivors of abuse and neglect were able to participate in the...
- Banding Together. Ravits, Sarah // Saint Charles Avenue;Mar2007, p34
The article highlights the Daniel Price Memorial Fund for Aspiring Artists' "Home for the Holidays" fund raising event held in New Orleans, Louisiana on December 21, 2006. The event has featured musicians in the city, including Shannon Powell's All Stars with John Boutte and Kermit Ruffins. It...
- Books and Balls. Wimsat, Maggie // Washingtonian Magazine;Apr2004, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p133
Presents the schedule of several charity fund raising events in Washington in April 2004. Used-Book Sale for Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart; Tossed & Found Sale for the Junior League of Washington; Capital Campout for the Girl Scout Council of the Nation's Capital.
- ALONG THE Avenue. Sustendal, Diane // Saint Charles Avenue;Mar2007, p8
The article presents the author's recognition to some of the talented organizations which have raised money for the benefit of the New Orleans city in Louisiana. The Save Our Cemeteries has received a grant from Tourism Cares and its Globus American Icons Program for its work at St. Louis...
- Bidding for a Future. Meltzer, Karie // Saint Charles Avenue;Mar2007, p30
The article highlights developments that take place during the NO/AIDS Task Force's "Art Against AIDS" fund raising event held at the Ritz-Carlton New Orleans Hotel in New Orleans, Louisiana on December 9, 2006. The event has presented the silent and live auctions featuring art and other items...
- Upcoming health awareness events. // Employee Benefits;Aug2007, p53
A calendar of health awareness events in Great Britain is presented. These include world suicide prevention day to be held on September 10, 2007, the national stress awareness day on November 7, 2007 and the diabetes awareness week on June 8-14, 2008. Moreover, the national men's health week...
- Wellness Week Promotes Health, Fitness Offerings. Sinovic, Steve // San Diego Business Journal;1/10/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p15
The article offers information on the Downtown Encinitas Mainstreet Association's first annual Wellness Week in Encinitas, California.
- Six Keys to Successful Fundraising. // Association Management;Jan2002, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p108
Offers tips on fund raising efforts. Factors to consider in determining the purpose of a fund raising effort; Importance of face-to-face interaction on seeking large contributions; Strategy associations can use to compete with other fund raising requests.
- health care. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1015
A definition of the medical term "health care," which refers to the services given by medical professionals for the promotion and preservation of life and well-being, is presented.