Managed care moves affect half of us
- Plan sponsors: Is your retirement house in order? Holland, Kim; Wogner, Steve; Jacobs, Ari // Employee Benefit News;May2003, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p44
Discusses several factors to be considered by U.S. retirement plan sponsors in order for them to examine key elements of their retirement programs. Retirement plan objectives; Retirement program design; Asset allocation strategies.
- On a road to nowhere. // Finance Week;2/3/2003, p44
Reports on the factors influencing the benefits of retirement fund members in South Africa. Increase in post-retirement health-care costs; Taxation on retirement funds; Transition from defined benefit to defined contribution schemes.
- Continual contributions the key. // Finance Week;2/3/2003, p46
Reports on the effect of equity prices decline on the final benefit of fund members on the verge of retirement in South Africa. Determinants of individual investment choice; Benefits and disadvantages of defined contribution pension funds; Employer's share in pension funds.
- Global customers demanding higher level of support service. Levey, J. David // Crain's Cleveland Business;01/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p14
Discusses how to keep track of participants in a company's retirement plan benefits in the United States. Legal and moral responsibility of businesses to locate former employees or their beneficiaries to pay their benefits; Benefits of encouraging cash-outs.
- Tips for reaping the benefits of a supplemental employee retirement plan. Gedestad, Steve // Employee Benefit News;Jan2011, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p25
The article reports on the benefits from a supplemental employee retirement plan (SERP) aside from optimizing the overall profile of the workforce.
- Workers' Ignorance of Retirement Benefits. Ekerdt, David J.; Hackney, Jennifer Kay // Gerontologist;Aug2002, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p543
Presents information on a study which considered the extent of workers' unfamiliarity with retirement benefits. Categories of knowledge that equip workers for retirement financial planning; Design and methodology; Results and discussion.
- Know Your Rollover Options. // Women in Business;May/Jun2000, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p36
Provides tips on how to use the money in an employer's retirement plan. Taxes applied on retirement distribution plans; How to roll the money into an Individual Retirement Account.
- Contribution caps unfair to women. Pokrajac, Milana // Money Management;2/2/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p8
The article reports on the argument of Self-Managed Super Fund Professionals' Association of Australia (SPAA) on contribution caps which SPAA consider to be unfair to women for it will contribute to widen gender gap in retirement savings.
- Survey says... Lim, Samantha // Orange County Business Journal;03/09/98, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p46
Presents the results of a nationwide survey of employers regarding retirement investment options. Investment options for employees; Percentage of surveyed employers who have made efforts to educate employees about investing; Percentage of employers using one-on-one financial counseling or planning.