- Separated by distance, bound by wire. Wunder, Sue // Christian Science Monitor;9/13/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 203, p22
Reflects on barbed-wire fences and the act of stringing wire.
- Fraser to shut two PMs at Madawaska. // Pulp & Paper;Aug2007, Vol. 81 Issue 8, p8
The article reports on the plans of Fraser Papers to permanently shut down its two uncoated free sheet (UFS) paper machines at its Madawaska, Maine complex effecting August 26, 2007. The planned shutdown hopes to reduce high operating costs by $14 million and narrow its focus. With the permanent...
- MWV to Close Folding Carton Plant. // Official Board Markets;5/24/2008, Vol. 84 Issue 21, p1
The article reports on the closure of the MWV Corp. folding cartoon plant in Warrington, Pennsylvania in an effort to streamline cost and operational efficiencies. It states that some production processes will be transferred to other MWV cartoon plants. According to the company, its capacity to...
- Superior Industries Closing California Wheel Plant. // Foundry Management & Technology;Feb2009, Vol. 137 Issue 2, p9
The article reports on the plan of aluminum automotive wheel manufacturer Superior Industries International Inc. to close its plant in Van Nuys, California. The company's plan intends to cut operating costs and better align its capacity with sharply lower demand for light vehicles. It is...
- PGI closes plants. Chynoweth, Emma // ICIS Chemical Business;1/15/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 49, p17
The article reports on the plant closures of Polymer Group (PGI). The company will consolidate its manufacturing units to lower operating costs and improve overall performance. The company will close its Rogers, Arkansas plant, transferring operations to other locations in the U.S. The...
- A glimmer of hope. Chang, Joe // Chemical Market Reporter;3/24/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 12, p18
Presents an overview of the petrochemical industry in 2003. Closure of major plants brought about by the rising raw material and energy costs; Increase of global operating rates; Fluctuations in supply and demand of petrochemicals.
- Barbed wire. Mantz, John // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Nov94, Vol. 99 Issue 9, p32
Discusses the collection of antique barbed wire. Price range per 18-inch piece; `Devil's Lane' strips used in public roads; Star wires; Contact information.
- BARBED WIRE. Burns, Ralph // Atlantic (02769077);Aug89, Vol. 264 Issue 2, p60
Presents the poem 'Barbed Wire.'
- Don't fence me in. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;May97, Issue 534, p57
Provides information on the use of gloves in protecting hands from barbed wires.