Books for adolescents
- Re-viewing books for young adults: Multiple perspectives. Nixon, Helen; Comber, Barbara // Journal of Adolescent & Adult Literacy;Sep2000, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p86
Discusses reviews of books for adolescents. Purpose of multiple reviews of the same texts; Call for submission of texts of international publishers for review; Merits of reviews.
- Fantastical flights of fancy. Cox, Ruth // Emergency Librarian;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p53
Reviews an array of young adult literature. Includes `Crown Duel,' by Sherwood Smith; `Hobby,' by Jane Yolen; `The Lost Years of Merlin,' by T.A. Barron; `Sandry's Book,' by Tamora Pierce. INSET: Columnist's choice..
- Adult books for young adults: Nonfiction. Zvirin, Stephanie; Rochman, Hazel // Booklist;11/15/94, Vol. 91 Issue 6, p584
Reviews books for young adults. Includes `Roy Blount's Book of Southern Humor,' by Roy Blount; `Body & Soul,' edited by Linda Villarosa; `Women of Words,' by Janet Bukovinsky.
- Adult books for young adults: Nonfiction. Melton, Emily; Marks, MAry Romano // Booklist;11/15/94, Vol. 91 Issue 6, p585
Reviews fiction books for young adults. Includes `Pippa Passes,' by Rumer Godden; `A Drink Before the War,' by Dennis Lehane; `Blue Pearl,' by T.J. MacGregor.
- Interactive books. Cooper, Ilene // Booklist;11/15/94, Vol. 91 Issue 6, p597
Reviews interactive books for teenagers. Includes `Batman: The Animated Series: A Pop-Up Book'; `Tractor Factory: A Pop-Up Book,' by Elinor Bagenal, illustrated by Steve Augarde; `My First Pop-Up Book of Prehistoric Animals,' by Roma Bishop.
- Books for youth: Adult books for young adults. Zvirin, Stephanie; Beauregard, Sue-Ellen // Booklist;10/1/94, Vol. 91 Issue 3, p248
Reviews adult books for young adults. Includes `The Quintessential Cat' by Roberta Altman; `Peaks,' by Richard Bangs; `The Origin of the Universe,' by John D. Barrow; `The Last Three Minutes,' by Paul Davies; `The Origin of Humankind,' by Richard Leakey; `Masters of Imagination,' by Mike...
- Reviews: Spanish books for adolescents. Schon, Isabel // Journal of Adolescent & Adult Literacy;Nov95, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p259
Reviews fiction and nonfiction books in Spanish for adolescents. Includes `Estampas de la Colonia/Images of the Colony,' by Solange Alberro; `Atlas Geografico Mundial/Geographic World Atlas,' by Editorial Everest; `Bingo Brawn, Amante Gitano/Gypsy Lover,' by Betsy Byars.
- Appropriate books for adolescents and young adults (Book Review). Nixon, Helen; Comber, Barbara // Journal of Adolescent & Adult Literacy;Mar2001, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p576
Introduces a series of reviews of books for adolescents and young adults.
- Not-to-be-missed poetry for young adults. Chance, Rosemary // Emergency Librarian;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p59
Reviews several poetry books for young adults. Includes `Who Killed Mr. Chippendale? A Mystery in Poems,' by Mel Glenn; `Stopping for Death: Poems of Death and Loss,' selected by Carol Ann Duffy; `Pierced by a Ray of Sun: Poems About the Times We Feel Alone,' selected by Ruth Gordon; `Slow...