- Maximizing Condensing-Boiler-System Efficiency. Moe, Eric // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Sep2007, Vol. 79 Issue 9, p64
The article discusses how heating-water return temperature (HWRT) can be achieved with industrial-grade pressure-independent control. When coil flow control is optimized, partload Î”T will increase significantly above design, and HWRT will drop, making it possible to dramatically increase the...
- FOCUS ON O&M. Akhtar, S. Zaheer // Power;Mar2013, Vol. 157 Issue 3, p16
The article discusses complexities and issues concerning piping size, layout, and control valve design in feedwater heaters. It addresses problems associated with the decreasing pressure due to flashed steam and creation of a two-phased flow mixture that restricts flow and upsets the operation...
- Grooving along. // American Machinist;Apr2002, Vol. 146 Issue 4, p29
Introduces the Tube Sheet pro grooves tube sheets in heat exchangers, condensers and boilers. Size and location of the tools; Inclusion of the setup instructions; Elimination of the need for measurements.
- Back to Basics. Ellis, Rebecca; McKew, Howard // Engineered Systems;Feb2002, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p11
Presents several questions on condensing boiler system design in the United States. Control of the boiler system; Computation of minimum heat capacity; Delivery of maximum heat capacity.
- The case of the misplaced blame. Linhardt, Patrick // Contractor Magazine;Oct2004, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p38
Discusses the management of the repeated failure of an automatic water feeder on a steam boiler. Characteristics of the boiler piping system; Impact of a clogged wet return on the condensate return in the boiler; Background on the condition of the check valves of the boiler.
- 'NEW MILLENIUM' OF HYDRONIC TECHNOLOGY ASSERTS ITSELF. Vastyan, John // Engineered Systems;Sep2005, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p54
Discusses the importance of high performance hydronic heating and volume water heating on the interrelationship of six key facets of the boiler system. Responses of the system to changes in conditions such as heating load, outdoor air temperatures, and firing stages of the boiler; Importance of...
- Rain Forest. Elovitz, Kenneth M. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;May2006, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p26
Presents the author's experience in locating the problem with an air conditioning system at a school building. Problem seen with a pipe system that switched between a boiler and a chiller; Test conducted on the pipe system; Sign of faulty wiring in the isolation valves.
- Editors choices. // Contractor Magazine;Dec2006, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p19
This article features the top building products chosen by editors of "Contractor" magazine for 2006, including the Karsten line of two-piece toilets from Sterling, an oil-fired high efficiency condensing boiler from Peerless, and the Series N360/N360I brass vacuum relief valves from Watts Regulator.
- 15 tips to peak performance in steam systems. Linhardt, Patrick // Contractor Magazine;Dec2007, Vol. 54 Issue 12, p32
The article provides tips on maintaining the efficiency of a steam system. The author suggests that water in the boiler should always be clean, and vents, boiler feed unit, cycle rate control and thermostatic radiator valves should be installed. Steam pressure control setting, water line...