Maximizing Condensing-Boiler-System Efficiency
- RUNAROUND 'RAT RACE' HEAT RECOVERY COILS -- MINIMIZING COSTS AND MAXIMIZING SAVINGS. Kjelgaard, Michael // Engineered Systems;Jan2005, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p24
Provides tips on choosing a heat recovery coil system. Assessment on the total installation costs of the equipment; Separation of preheat and heat recovery loops; Role of the control valve in maintaining the water temperature.
- Controlling an existing hydronic boiler. Wohlfarth, Ray // Plumbing & Mechanical;Dec2013, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p48
The article reports on the components and functions of a boiler system. Information about these elements and their usage are provided including design temperature, connect circulator to fan terminal, and thermal purging. Also discussed are details blend pump, lead-lag controls, and condensing...
- The importance of efficiency. Martin, Nick // Heating & Ventilating Review;Jul2015, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p16
The article focuses on the importance of efficiency considering how it affect the overall performance of fan coil units in commercial buildings. Topics include the development of the efficiency levels through the introduction of 4-port control valves used in fan coil unit for cooling and heating...
- Thermal and Hydraulic Characteristics of a Novel Helical Coiled Tube Used as a Heat Exchanger. Amori, Karima // Arabian Journal for Science & Engineering (Springer Science & Bu;May2014, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p4179
In the present work, the thermo-fluid characteristics of a heat exchanger formed of helical coiled tubes immersed in cold water are investigated experimentally. Two types of helical coiled tube are tested, a conventional vertical single helical coiled tube and a new triple vertical helical...
- Condensing-Boiler Tips. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Sep2007, Vol. 79 Issue 9, p72
The article offers tips for maximizing efficiency of condensing boilers. Low heating-water return temperature (HWRT) enables boilers to operate the majority of time in condensing mode. It is advisable to use industrial-quality pressure-independent control valves at coils. Boiler capabilities...
- Why Steam Coils Freeze. Holohan, Dan // Supply House Times;Aug2007, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p53
The article discusses ways on how to prevent the steam coils from freezing. According to the author, it is important to look and see if there is a vacuum breaker between the control valve and the univentilator. It is also advisable to select appropriate float and thermostatic traps to prevent...
- PRESSURE WASHER. // Motor Age;Oct2004, Vol. 123 Issue 10, p142
Features the SLX line of pressure washers from Landa Water Cleaning Systems. Operational water temperature the product can sustain; Description of the heating coil feature of the product.
- EFFECT OF COLORED ILLUMINATION UPON PERCEIVED TEMPERATURE. Berry, Paul C. // Journal of Applied Psychology;Aug61, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p248
The article focuses on an experimental study in which subjects were asked to judge the temperature of heating coils wrapped in paper of different colors. Subjects were therefore instructed in a simple tracking job, and were led to believe that the experiment concerned the effects of colored...
- outlook hvacr perspective. Powell, Peter // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/9/2014, Vol. 252 Issue 6, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics related to coil and condenser,including trends in coils that may affect maintenance of the coil and condenser components and case histories dealing with condensing units.