- A heartening prognosis for salmon. Boyle, Robert H. // Sports Illustrated;08/06/1973, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p50
The article offers information on salmon fishing as of August 1973. The Canadian Minister of Fisheries declared a complete ban on commercial salmon fishing in New Brunswick. The U.S. Bureau of Sport Fisheries and Wildlife have released 50,000 smolts into Connecticut River tributaries. Eight...
- Alaskan chum salmon. Combs, Trey // Fly Fisherman;Feb97, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p40
Describes the Alaskan chum salmon and how to fish it. Habitat; Behavior; Approaches to chum fishing by British fishermen; Angling methods for the sockeye.
- The Sound of Salmon. Sheely, Terry W. // Salt Water Sportsman;Jul2001, Vol. 62 Issue 7, p66
Deals with chinook and coho salmon fishing in British Columbia's Clayoquot Sound.
- Welcome to SALMONVILLE. Vedder, Dave // Salt Water Sportsman;Jun2000, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p74
Discusses salmon fishing at Campbell River in British Columbia.
- Kings OF August. STRAW, MATT // Fly Fisherman;Aug/Sep2011, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p46
The article offers information on salmon fishes and also offers suggestions on luring and catching such fishes.
- NETTING SUSTAINABLE SALMON. Decker, Fred // Foodservice & Hospitality;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p37
The article reports on the completion of the first commercial harvest of farmed Atlantic salmon in British Columbia which demand for a sustainable farmed salmon wherein it produces without hormones, antibiotics and pesticides.
- THE PRESENT STATE OF SALMON (SALMO SALAR L.) IN LITHUANIA. Kesminas, Vytautas; Virbickas, Thomas; Repecka, Rimantas // Acta Zoologica Lituanica;Jun2003, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p176
According to historical data, salmon used to spawn in 16 rivers in Lithuania. At present wild salmon smolt production has been recorded in two rivers only, the Zeimena and Neris, both of them belonging to the Nemunas River basin. During the last decade the abundance of salmon migrating to the...
- SALMON KINGS. Burnley, Ric // Salt Water Sportsman;Aug2007, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p50
The article offers tips for salmon fishing.
- 1999 salmon catch second best in history. Pilkington, Steve // Alaska Business Monthly;Dec99, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p8
Reports on the historic pink, red and chum salmon catch in Alaska for 1999. Strong returns for salmon in Bristol Bay; Comparison between the 1997 and 1998 salmon season to the 1999 salmon season.
- Salmon catch-and-release. // Fly Fisherman;Feb97, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p38
Reports that late-season catch-and-release does not cause high mortality in Atlantic salmon hooked and released by fishermen. Effect on lactate levels, muscle pH and white muscle concentrations.