Finding Fall Turkeys
- Song of the Canada. Bourjaily, Philip // Field & Stream;Oct98, Vol. 103 Issue 6, p88
Presents information on the experiences of Tad Brown, one of Missouri's most successful spring season turkey hunters, in hunting for turkeys in the fall. How Brown stalks turkeys; Brown's views on how he locates a flock of fall gobblers; Details on the common way to hunt turkeys in the fall. ...
- A Look at Ontario's First Fall Season. Helsdon, Jeff // Ontario Out of Doors;2009 Hunting Annual, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p28
The article discusses the aspects to consider when hunting turkey during fall in Ontario. One technique in fall turkey hunting is to break up a flock, situate oneself at the break site, call the birds back in. Hunters should ensure that they know their route before the season opens when planning...
- Fall Turkey Tricks. Bourjaily, Philip // Field & Stream;Nov2003, Vol. 108 Issue 7, p34
This article provides some tips about turkey hunting during autumn season. Like spring hunts, fall outings often begin in the dark. At first light turkeys hit the ground as a disorganized mob, sometimes it takes almost an hour for a big bunch to shake itself into order, therefore, the hunter...
- Four easy steps to get your gobbler. Lambley, Bryce // Bowhunter;Apr/May97, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p60
Relates the author's experiences in and advice on gobbler bowhunting. Misconceptions about gobblers; Preseason scouting; Types of blinds used; Change of locations; Decoy placement and improvement; Recommendation against hunting of roost sites. INSET: Staying safe in the turkey woods..
- Turkey forecast 1997. Wallace, Fred // Bowhunter;Apr/May97, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p64
Presents forecasts on turkey hunting in North America in 1997. Estimated number of turkeys across the United States and Canada; Limits to hunting; Growth of turkey numbers; Expansion of seasons; Growing opportunities for archery-only hunting.
- Turkey scouting sabotage. Grenoble, S. // Outdoor Life;Mar88, Vol. 181 Issue 3, p72
With all the hooting, gobbling and yelping going on in pre-season, it's no wonder that the birds have shut up come the opening of hunting season. Tips on how to locate and score a gobbler.
- The old man and the Tom. Elliott, C. // Outdoor Life;Nov88, Vol. 182 Issue 5, p82
Charles Elliott, who has seen more than sixty turkey hunting seasons come and go, is one of the foremost turkey-hunting experts. He discusses his continued love of the sport after more than eighty years.
- Turkey calling is going to the birds. Grenoble, S. // Outdoor Life;Feb89, Vol. 183 Issue 2, p56
Several turkey hunting experts from around the US discuss how to hunt and call the hunter-wise gobblers.
- Turkey hunting's cutting edge. Etling, K. // Outdoor Life;Mar89, Vol. 183 Issue 3, p72
Discusses how, both in woods and in contests everywhere, hunters well-versed in cutting, a type of call using the diaphragm, are attracting turkeys like never before.