- 9 happy endings to breast cancer stories. Leive, Cindi // Glamour;Oct2007, Vol. 105 Issue 10, p34
The article focuses on the experiences of breast cancer survivors. Particular attention is given to the stories of 9 women who were featured in previous issues of "Glamour" magazine. Article topics include breast cancer survivor and makeup artist Tracy Sondern, the importance of Breast Cancer...
- `I had a breast Cancer party.'. // Redbook;Mar2000, Vol. 194 Issue 3, p152
Features a woman who was diagnosed with breast cancer and provides information on a party she held with her friends.
- Primary Angiosarcoma of the Breast after Pregnancy. Altan, Ege; Arslan, Cagatay; Dede, Didem; Dogan, Erkan; Altundag, Kadri // American Surgeon;Aug2010, Vol. 76 Issue 8, pE115
A letter to the editor is presented which is concerned with the case of a 28 year old female patient who was diagnosed with primary angiosarcoma of the breast five months after giving birth
- Survival of patients with metastatic breast cancer: twenty-year data from two SEER registries. Tai, Patricia; Yu, Edward; Vinh-Hung, Vincent; Cserni, Gábor; Vlastos, Georges // BMC Cancer;2004, Vol. 4, p60
Background: Many researchers are interested to know if there are any improvements in recent treatment results for metastatic breast cancer in the community, especially for 10- or 15-year survival. Methods: Between 1981 and 1985, 782 and 580 female patients with metastatic breast cancer were...
- Biology - Risk. // Current Medical Literature: Breast Cancer;2009, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p62
The article presents editor's notes on a geno-wide association study that identifies a new breast cancer susceptibility locus featuring women from Shanghai, China. It describes the process undertaken as well as the conclusions of the study. It notes that the study may lead to eventual...
- Screen detection associated with reduction in 10-year breast cancer-specific mortality. // Hem/Onc Today;3/25/2011, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p32
The article reports that female invasive breast cancer patients with mammographically screen-detected tumors had superior disease-specific and all-cause mortality compared with women suffering from nonscreening-related carcinomas, which is based on a study conducted by S. Mook and colleagues.
- The use of IL-2 cultures to measure chromosomal radiosensitivity in breast cancer patients. A. Baeyens; K. Vandenbulcke; J. Philipp; H. Thierens; L. De Ridder; A. Vral // Mutagenesis;Nov2004, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p493
Enhanced chromosomal radiosensitivity in breast cancer patients has been demonstrated in several studies. To investigate the chromosomal radiosensitivity of lymphocytes in breast cancer patients the G2 and micronucleus (MN) assays are often used. In these assays blood samples are exposed to...
- Noticeboard. // Cancer Nursing Practice;May2010, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p10
The article offers news briefs related to cancer nursing which include the fly fishing programme for women with breast cancer, the video released by the prostrate brachytherapy advisory group that features the influence of treatment choice on the relationships of men with prostrate cancer, and...
- Epidemiology and Survival Analysis of Jordanian Female Breast Cancer Patients Diagnosed from 1997 to 2002. Tarawneh, Mohammed; Arqoub, Kamal; Sharkas, Ghazi // Middle East Journal of Cancer;2011, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p71
Background: Breast cancer is the most common cancer among Jordanian women, yet survival data are scarce. This study aims to assess the observed five-year survival rate of breast cancer in Jordan from 1997 to 2002 and to determine factors that may influence survival. Methods: Data were obtained...