- 9 happy endings to breast cancer stories. Leive, Cindi // Glamour;Oct2007, Vol. 105 Issue 10, p34
The article focuses on the experiences of breast cancer survivors. Particular attention is given to the stories of 9 women who were featured in previous issues of "Glamour" magazine. Article topics include breast cancer survivor and makeup artist Tracy Sondern, the importance of Breast Cancer...
- Primary Angiosarcoma of the Breast after Pregnancy. Altan, Ege; Arslan, Cagatay; Dede, Didem; Dogan, Erkan; Altundag, Kadri // American Surgeon;Aug2010, Vol. 76 Issue 8, pE115
A letter to the editor is presented which is concerned with the case of a 28 year old female patient who was diagnosed with primary angiosarcoma of the breast five months after giving birth
- `I had a breast Cancer party.'. // Redbook;Mar2000, Vol. 194 Issue 3, p152
Features a woman who was diagnosed with breast cancer and provides information on a party she held with her friends.
- Survival of patients with metastatic breast cancer: twenty-year data from two SEER registries. Tai, Patricia; Yu, Edward; Vinh-Hung, Vincent; Cserni, Gábor; Vlastos, Georges // BMC Cancer;2004, Vol. 4, p60
Background: Many researchers are interested to know if there are any improvements in recent treatment results for metastatic breast cancer in the community, especially for 10- or 15-year survival. Methods: Between 1981 and 1985, 782 and 580 female patients with metastatic breast cancer were...
- Biology - Risk. // Current Medical Literature: Breast Cancer;2009, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p62
The article presents editor's notes on a geno-wide association study that identifies a new breast cancer susceptibility locus featuring women from Shanghai, China. It describes the process undertaken as well as the conclusions of the study. It notes that the study may lead to eventual...
- The use of IL-2 cultures to measure chromosomal radiosensitivity in breast cancer patients. A. Baeyens; K. Vandenbulcke; J. Philipp; H. Thierens; L. De Ridder; A. Vral // Mutagenesis;Nov2004, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p493
Enhanced chromosomal radiosensitivity in breast cancer patients has been demonstrated in several studies. To investigate the chromosomal radiosensitivity of lymphocytes in breast cancer patients the G2 and micronucleus (MN) assays are often used. In these assays blood samples are exposed to...
- Noticeboard. // Cancer Nursing Practice;May2010, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p10
The article offers news briefs related to cancer nursing which include the fly fishing programme for women with breast cancer, the video released by the prostrate brachytherapy advisory group that features the influence of treatment choice on the relationships of men with prostrate cancer, and...
- Early surgery for stage IV breast cancer failed to improve OS. Altersitz, Katrina; Todak, Alexandra // Hem/Onc Today;1/10/2014, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p14
The article discusses the early follow-up of a randomized trial, presented at the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium in San Antonio, Texas on December 10-14, 2013, that found no association between initial surgery of primary tumor with longer survival in women with stage IV breast cancer.
- Strong Support System Improves Breast Cancer Mortality. // Radiology Today;
The article focuses on a study conducted by the Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center in the U.S. and the Shanghai Institute of Preventive Medicine in China which shows that breast cancer patients who have social support are less likely to die or have a cancer recurrence. It notes that breast cancer...