- 9 happy endings to breast cancer stories. Leive, Cindi // Glamour;Oct2007, Vol. 105 Issue 10, p34
The article focuses on the experiences of breast cancer survivors. Particular attention is given to the stories of 9 women who were featured in previous issues of "Glamour" magazine. Article topics include breast cancer survivor and makeup artist Tracy Sondern, the importance of Breast Cancer...
- Primary Angiosarcoma of the Breast after Pregnancy. Altan, Ege; Arslan, Cagatay; Dede, Didem; Dogan, Erkan; Altundag, Kadri // American Surgeon;Aug2010, Vol. 76 Issue 8, pE115
A letter to the editor is presented which is concerned with the case of a 28 year old female patient who was diagnosed with primary angiosarcoma of the breast five months after giving birth
- `I had a breast Cancer party.'. // Redbook;Mar2000, Vol. 194 Issue 3, p152
Features a woman who was diagnosed with breast cancer and provides information on a party she held with her friends.
- Survival of patients with metastatic breast cancer: twenty-year data from two SEER registries. Tai, Patricia; Yu, Edward; Vinh-Hung, Vincent; Cserni, Gábor; Vlastos, Georges // BMC Cancer;2004, Vol. 4, p60
Background: Many researchers are interested to know if there are any improvements in recent treatment results for metastatic breast cancer in the community, especially for 10- or 15-year survival. Methods: Between 1981 and 1985, 782 and 580 female patients with metastatic breast cancer were...
- The use of IL-2 cultures to measure chromosomal radiosensitivity in breast cancer patients. A. Baeyens; K. Vandenbulcke; J. Philipp; H. Thierens; L. De Ridder; A. Vral // Mutagenesis;Nov2004, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p493
Enhanced chromosomal radiosensitivity in breast cancer patients has been demonstrated in several studies. To investigate the chromosomal radiosensitivity of lymphocytes in breast cancer patients the G2 and micronucleus (MN) assays are often used. In these assays blood samples are exposed to...
- Rare Copy Number Variants Observed in Hereditary Breast Cancer Cases Disrupt Genes in Estrogen Signaling and TP53 Tumor Suppression Network. Pylkäs, Katri; Vuorela, Mikko; Otsukka, Meeri; Kallioniemi, Anne; Jukkola-Vuorinen, Arja; Winqvist, Robert // PLoS Genetics;Jun2012, Vol. 8 Issue 6, Special section p1
Breast cancer is the most common cancer in women in developed countries, and the contribution of genetic susceptibility to breast cancer development has been well-recognized. However, a great proportion of these hereditary predisposing factors still remain unidentified. To examine the...
- The 3Ã¢Â€Â² untranslated region CÃ‚Â >Ã‚Â T polymorphism of prohibitin is a breast cancer risk modifier in Polish women carrying a BRCA1 mutation. Jacek Gronwald; Bohdan GÃ³rski; Tomasz Huzarski; Tomasz Byrski; Axel Benner; Jan LubiÅski; Rodney J. Scott; Ute Hamann // Breast Cancer Research & Treatment;Jul2007, Vol. 104 Issue 1, p67
AbstractÃ‚Â Ã‚Â The variable penetrance of breast cancer in BRCA1 mutation carriers suggests that other genetic or environmental factors modify breast cancer risk. The C to T transition in the 3Ã¢Â€Â² untranslated region of the prohibitin (PHB) gene alters mRNA function and has...
- KILLING cancer. Allison, Annette // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);7/5/2004, Vol. 56 Issue 27, p46
Features "My Journey," an information kit introduced by the Breast Cancer Network Australia (BCNA) for women newly diagnosed with breast cancer. Number of women in Australia who are diagnosed annually with breast cancer; Information on the BCNA; Uses of the kit for breast cancer patients.
- THE BATTLE WE DIDN'T CHOOSE. Merendino, Angelo // Lenswork;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 111, p74
A photographic essay of the author and photographer's wife's ultimately fatal battle with breast cancer is presented.