- The Bald Cypress and the Cucumber. Swain, Roger B. // Horticulture;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 98 Issue 1, p54
Presents an article on a cucumber greenhouse and bald cypress. Design of the cucumber greenhouse; Information on bald cypresses; Propagation of cucumber in Florida. INSET: THE TREE'S KNEES.
- Fungi associated with roots of cucumber grown in different greenhouse root substrates. Menzies, J. G.; Ehret, D. L.; Koch, C.; Hall, J. W.; Seifert, K. A.; Bissett, J.; Barr, D. J. S. // Canadian Journal of Botany;Jan2005, Vol. 83 Issue 1, p80
Hydroponic soilless culture systems are commonly used in the greenhouse industry to mitigate soilborne root pathogens, but root diseases continue to be a major problem. A thorough knowledge of the root zone ecology of greenhouse crops is needed for the successful biological control of root...
- Temporal and spatial dispersal of Melon yellow spot virus in cucumber greenhouses and evaluation of weeds as infection sources. Yamasaki, Shuichi; Okazaki, Sinichiro; Okuda, Mitsuru // European Journal of Plant Pathology;Feb2012, Vol. 132 Issue 2, p169
Surveys conducted in Melon yellow spot virus (MYSV)-affected cucumber greenhouses revealed that the incidence of MYSV disease on cucumber plants varied by crop management conditions. Because of temporal and spatial dispersal of viruliferous Thrips palmi in two greenhouses, MYSV was detected in...
- THE ENGLISH CUCUMBER GAMBLE. O'REILEY, TIM // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);6/8/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 23, pP22
The article features the 12-acre Windset Farms greenhouse that produces 40,000 cucumbers daily in North Las Vegas, Nevada. The deal that owner Steven Newell came up with in order to keep the farm going in 2008 is mentioned. The greenhouse produces English cucumbers, which grows at lengths of...
- Effect of Tillage Methods and Use Magnetic Water on Greenhouse Curcumber Yield in North of Khuzestan, Iran. Tayari, Elham; Jamshidi, Amin Reza // Advances in Environmental Biology;Sep2011, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p3384
Cucumber is one of the crops that has transferred from farms to great greenhouses. Its yield has increased from 15 tons when was grown in the field to 700 tons per hectare in greenhouse. Preparing of land is one of the important steps in greenhouse crop production. Its not only effective on...
- Molecular markers assist in the development of diverse inbred backcross lines in European Long cucumber ( Cucumis sativus L.). Delannay, Isabelle Y.; Staub, Jack E. // Euphytica;Mar2011, Vol. 178 Issue 2, p229
The popular fresh-market European Long cucumber ( Cucumis sativus L.) is grown commercially worldwide under controlled, greenhouse environments. However, it has a narrow genetic base, where private and public improvement programs can trace their origins to comparatively few accessions....
- Pick tons of cukes all summer long! Poncavage, Joanna // Organic Gardening (08973792);Jul/Aug96, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p26
Features high-yielding cucumber varieties. Breakthroughs in cucumber breeding; Tips in growing; Variety names and their breeders; Precautions. INSETS: Cukes of the future!, by J.P.;Gynoecious? Monoecious? Parthenocarpic? Let's.., by J.P..
- Cucumbers under control. Ocone, Lynn // Sunset;Feb94, Vol. 192 Issue 2, p73
Describes various bush cucumbers. Includes `Bush Champion,' `Salad Bush' and `Bush Whooper'; Guidelines for cucumber planting.
- A cucumber primer. Di Vecchio, Jerry Anne // Sunset;Jul95, Vol. 195 Issue 1, p105
Provides information on cucumbers as food. Composition; Varieties; Salted cucumbers.