Intimidation and Violence By Males in High School Athletics
- Shooting Pains. Rushin, Steve // Sports Illustrated;03/19/2001, Vol. 94 Issue 12, p21
Discusses numerous incidents of violence associated with handguns that involve high school athletes in the United States. Details of basketball players who were shot during the basketball season; Statistics on the number of gun-related fatalities; Speculation on the correlation between high...
- El deporte como medio para el fomento de la deportividad: un programa educativo en centros escolares alaveses. IBÁÑEZ, ALFREDO SÁENZ; SAN JOSÉ, BORJA AGUADO; SÁNCHEZ, IANIRE LANCHAS // Apunts: Educacion Fisica y Deportes;ene-mar2013, Issue 111, p55
This paper presents a continuous work experience, during the academic year 2009-2010, to promote sportsmanship and the prevention of violence in sport at school, included in the school sports program of the Provincial Council of Ãlava. Both direct agents (coaches, parents, young athletes and...
- MEASUREMENT OF GENDER EQUITY: A CLARIFICATION. Scheidell, Joy D. // American Journal of Public Health;Mar2014, Vol. 104 Issue 3, pe6
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Gender-Equitable Attitudes, Bystander Behavior, and Recent Abuse Perpetration Against Heterosexual Dating Partners of Male High School Athletes" by H. L. McCauley, D. J. Tancredi and J. G. Silverman et al. in a 2013 issue.
- Violence and High School Sports Participation. // Pediatric Exercise Science;Nov1995, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p379
This study sought to examine whether athletes are more violent, delinquent, or both than their nonathlete classmates. Survey data from 2,436 high school students indicated no significant differences for violent or delinquent behaviors between athletes and nonathletes. However, analysis of the...
- Searching for scholarships. // Career World;Jan1997, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p18
Provides tips for high school athletes on investigating athletic scholarships. Decision on colleges interested in; Letter of recommendation from present coach emphasizing strengths as an athlete and team member; Other scholarship awards in various fields of study.
- Baseball team members who used KKK symbol will receive multi-cultural training. // Jet;9/11/95, Vol. 88 Issue 18, p39
Reports on the decision to send the baseball team members of the Brentsville District High School to a multi-cultural training by the Prince William County, Virginia school board. Reaction to the use of the Ku Klux Klan symbol as good luck charm.
- Nation's Best High School Basketball Players Featured in All American Game. // Jet;04/23/2001, Vol. 99 Issue 19, p51
Reports on the 2001 McDonald's All American high school basketball game at Duke University.
- American Relay. // Swimming World & Junior Swimmer;Nov2000, Vol. 41 Issue 11, pJS-12
Provides updates on junior high school swimming teams in the United States. Performance of the North Pole Aquatic Club swimmers in the Western Zone Championships; List of top swimmers in the Minnesota State Long Course Championships; Participation of the City of Plano Swimmers in the Nike...
- AGE GROUP SWIMMERS OF THE MONTH. // Swimming World & Junior Swimmer;Nov2000, Vol. 41 Issue 11, pJS-14
Highlights the outstanding junior high school swimmers in the United States. Recognition of Sarah Schoeff and Joshua Charnin-Aker as Age Group Swimmers of the Month awardees; List of swimming competitions participated by Schoeff; Information on the swimming record of Charnin-Aker.