Zeon builds film plantas LCD TV demand booms
- M&As Change North American Chemical Industry Landscape. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;10/15/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 14, p17
Reports on the merger status of the chemical industry in North America in 2001. Decision of Dow Chemical Co. to acquire Rohm and Haas' agricultural business in June 2001; Merger between Valspar Corp. and Lily Industries in December 2000; Transactions between Ferro company and OM Group company.
- OM GROUP Proving Its Mettle. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;4/3/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 14, p17
Provides information on the OM Group, a specialty chemical company in Cleveland, Ohio. Earnings of the company in 2001; Types of chemicals manufactured by the company; Acquisitions made by the company.
- Sluggish markets take toll on Japan. SATO, YUTAKA // ICIS Chemical Business;11/5/2012, Vol. 282 Issue 12, p25
The article offers information related to chemical industry in Japan as of 2012. It states the decline in the petrochemical production since mid-2011. It mentions the difficulty of Japan to increase the profits for chemical companies since 2000, due to the closure of liquid crystal display (LCD)...
- Specialty Firms Post Strong Profit Growth; OM Group Stock Slides on Forecast Revision. // Chemical Market Reporter;8/5/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 4, p3
Reports on the increased profits posted by specialty chemical companies for the second quarter of 2002. Profit gain posted by OM Group Inc. during the quarter; Factors that contributed to the sector's profit success.
- specialties. // Chemical Week;8/17/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 27, p34
Presents news briefs on chemical companies producing speciality products as of August 17, 2005. Acquisition of stock shares of Michelman Asia-Pacific by Michelman; Plan of Akzo Nobel to acquire Zwieihorn from ICI; Investment of Samsung Electronics to install liquid crystal display production...
- Merck KGaA Reviews Specialties, Wants to Strengthen Electronics. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;11/8/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 42, p28
Provides information on the plan of Merck KGaA to expand its specialty chemical sales. Details on the operations of the company; Forecast on the sales of liquid crystal display materials; Plan of the company to expand its position in deposition materials.
- LCDs: Next Big Thing for Specialty Electronic Chemicals Producers? Lerner, Ivan // Chemical Market Reporter;10/27/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 14, p13
Reveals that the popularity of flat panel televisions will benefit chemical companies providing liquid crystal display (LCD) materials. Growth of electronics firms such as Sony Corp. and Samsung Electronics; Estimated percentage growth of LCD televisions.
- Valspar Reports Growth. // Chemical Market Reporter;02/22/99, Vol. 255 Issue 8, p25
Reports on the increase in the 1999 first quarter earnings of Valspar Corporation. Comment from Richard M. Rompala of Valspar on the revenue growth; Effect of Valspar's acquisition of Dexter's can coating business according to industry analysts.
- Valspar makes its move in India. Warren, J. Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;08/04/97, Vol. 252 Issue 5, p20
Highlights Valspar Corp.'s entry into the chemical industry in India. Shares of Coates Coatings India acquired by the company.