Honam to shut down two MEG units
- Europe in Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;4/21/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 16, p4
Reports on various international developments relating to chemical industries as of May 2, 2002. SGL Carbon's sale of its Italian electrical contacts business to Schunk Group of Germany; Aventis' sale of 40 percent of its stake in Rhodia to financial buyer Credit Lyonnais.
- solvay expands soda ash for pharma use. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/18/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 71, p54
This section offers news briefs on the chemical industry. Solvay is expanding capacity for ultra-pure soda ash at its site in Dombasle, France. Lonza is adding a new unit for large-scale manufacture of highly potent active pharmaceutical ingredients at its Visp site in Switzerland. The SGL Group...
- SGL Group Accelerates Development in Asian Market. // China Chemical Reporter;12/16/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p9
The article reports on the expectation of the SGL Group-The Carbon Co. to achieve the mid term targets of 40%-50% sales growth by 2011. The company aims to accelerate the development in global advanced material market, especially in Asia. It is said that the company will focus on innovation and...
- WRAP-UP. // Chemical Week;11/15/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 43, p21
Reports on the earnings of two European chemical companies in 2000. Percent increase in the pretax profit of Lenzing in the third-quarter of 2000; Net profit posted by SGL Carbon in the first nine months of 2000.
- Olefins ideas rise, lldPE increases too. // Asian Chemical News;5/19/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 402, p32
Reports that Asian olefin buying and selling ideas rose in May 2003. Factor that justified the higher olefin selling ideas; Reduction on capacity utilization at the crackers of Honam Petrochemical and Yeochu Naphtha Cracker Center in May 2003; South Korean ethylene settlement for May 2003.
- basic chemicals & plastics. // Chemical Week;9/25/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 37, p44
Presents news on the chemical industry as of September 25, 2002. Plan of Honam Petrochemical to close its cracker at Yosu, South Korea for a week in early October 2002; Average annual growth rate of the demand for petrochemicals in Asia/Pacific.
- Blast dashes ethylene hopes. // Asian Chemical News;10/13/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 420, p28
Reports on the effect of a blast at Honam Petrochemical's polyethylene (PE) plant in South Korea on October 3, 2003 on ethylene prices in Asia. Damage caused by the accident; Increase in PE prices in China; PE buying interest from traders. INSET: HdPE up as Chinese buyers return to market.
- Honam eyes move into China with jvs. // Asian Chemical News;9/13/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 460, p7
Reports on the plan of Honam Petrochemical to enter the Chinese market through joint ventures with local companies in 2004. Factors that influenced the decision of the company; Materials exported by Honam to China; Goal of the company.
- Investment mood lights up. RICHARDSON, JOHN // ICIS Chemical Business;1/3/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 1, p26
The article presents information on various expansion plans and investments related to the petrochemical industry in 2011 in South Korea. Seo Kyung Sun, executive director of data analysis service Chemical Market Research, comments that by 2013 South Korea is set to raise its ethylene and...