Exxon to build mega cracker in Singapore
- Most-read stories on. // ICIS Chemical Business;9/17/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 10, p10
The article offers world news briefs related to the chemical industry. ExxonMobil Chemical Co. will build a second worldscale steam cracker complex in Singapore. INEOS Ltd. has been disappointed by the European Commission's decision to extend its investigation into the company's proposed...
- Improving Rockwood's Top Line. Wood, Andrew; Hunter, David // Chemical Week;3/27/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 13, p41
Focuses on Rockwood Specialties Inc., a chemical firm based in Princeton, New Jersey. Responsibility of Seifi Ghasemi, appointed chief executive officer of Rockwood; Target savings of the company's cost reduction effort; Emphasis of the company's product line; Effect of the company's SEMX Corp....
- Exxon moves on ASEAN ethylene projects. // Chemical Week;7/26/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 3, p28
Reports on Exxon Chemical's expansion plan in Southeast Asia. Ethylene plant project in Singapore; Potential project with Petronas in Malaysia; Aromatics being studied in Thailand.
- Exxon Chemical Begins Production of High-Purity Cyclopentane. // Appliance Manufacturer;Jul99, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p19
Announces the manufacturing of cyclopentane blowing agent by Exxon Chemical in Canada at its Sarnia, Ontario plant. Some uses of the product.
- Exxon eyes Asian projects. // Chemical Business;Aug97, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p60
Reports that Exxon Chemical Company is eyeing several Asian projects beyond its Singapore Chemical complex announced in March 1997. Details on the expansion plans in Asia.
- Exxon plans more China ventures, eyes ASEAN projects. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;5/24/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 20, p18
Reports on Exxon's expansion of its chemical ventures in China. Location of Exxon's proposed plants; Exxon's search for partners for its venture; Aromatics projects of Exxon in Southeast Asia.
- Exxon goes ahead with Thai p-xylene. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;1/21/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 3, p25
Details the plan of the Exxon company to build a para-xylene plant in Thailand. Capacity of the plant; Aims of the company for such plan; Remarks of Edward G. Galante of Esso about the integration of the plant with the existing refinery.
- New Player. Hunter, David // Chemical Week;10/3/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 37, p3
Comments on Ineos, an emerging worldscale chemical company. Views of Jim Ratcliffe, Ineos chief executive officer on growth opportunities in the chemical industry; Ownership structure of the company; Outlook of Standard & Poor's on the prospects of the company.
- Elementis warns on profits, sells feeds unit to management. ALPEROWICZ, NATASHA // Chemical Week;12/9/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 47, p17
Reports on the profit warning issued by Elementis chemical company in 1998. Factors that influenced the company's poor performance; Restructuring of the company's pigments business; Plans to sell its animal feed and pig breeding division.