Petrochemical prices ease
- petrochemicals In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;8/23/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 6, p14
Reports on developments in the petrochemicals segment of the chemical industry, for the week of August 23-30, 2004. Spot benzene prices in the United States; Celanese Chemicals' increase of the off-list selling prices for solvent products sold in the North American market; Dow Chemical Co.'s...
- US values underpin high global prices. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;9/19/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2163, p49
This article offers a look at the global prices of petroleum products as of September 2005 in relation to the U.S. petrochemicals industry. Propylene spot numbers have firmed for polymer grade product. Numbers are being supported by high deepsea prices, as players note that bidding for...
- Optimism despite rise in oil. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;10/11/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2119, p12
Reports on the effect of the increasing oil prices on the petrochemical industry in Europe as of October 2004. Global GDP growth between mid-2003 and mid-2005; Profits of German chemical companies in the first quarter; Effect of a price increase in benzene on polycarbonate producers.
- Tighter markets boost prices. Brice, Andy // ICIS Chemical Business;5/7/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 65, p40
The article reports on the increase in commodity polymer prices in April 2007. Linear low density polyethylene (LDPE) prices moved similarly, up â‚¬30/tonne, and targets for May were hikes of â‚¬50-75/tonne. LDPE increased â‚¬30/tonne in April, because of decent demand and restricted...
- Markets Watch. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;11/7/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2170, p13
Presents news briefs on the petroleum chemicals industry as of November 2005. State of crude oil prices; Shipping rates out of Houston and the Texas Gulf to the Amsterdam-Rotterdam-Antwerp region; Settlement prices for the linear low density polyethylene and polypropylene contracts on the...
- No PE, PP price slump expected. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;11/17/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 424, p32
Looks at the trends in the polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP) market as of November 17, 2003. Rally in PE and PP pricing; Status of ethylene and propylene in the market; Views of an industry analyst on the state of PE and PP pricing in 2003.
- …ETHYLENE BEARS THE BRUNT. O'Driscoll, Cath // European Chemical News;9/19/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2163, p27
This article assesses the impact of Hurricane Katrina on the U.S. ethylene/polyethylene market as of September 2005. The hurricane has taken out 3.7% of North American polyethylene capacity and added $12/m Btu natural gas, so there is a tremendous amount of upward pressure on the system. Most of...
- cw price report. // Chemical Week;11/14/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 37, p32
The article focuses on the prices of different chemicals. Naphtha prices increased $40/m.t. in Europe to a record high in November 2007, reflecting soaring crude oil prices. Spot benzene rose on higher gasoline prices. Methyl tert-butyl ether rose $75/m.t., in line with rising gasoline prices....
- CST Pricing Flat but Faces upward Pricing Pressure. McPadden, Mike // Chemical Market Reporter;02/12/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 7, p24
Reports on the potential increase in the price of crude sulfate turpentine (CST) before 2002. Nominal price of CST; Elements that help to determine CST pricing; Three commodity end markets in which CST is primarily used.