- Middle East supply chain under strain. MCCUNE, LESLIE // ICIS Chemical Business;12/6/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 19, p31
The article focuses on the pressure on the supply chain in Middle East due to increasing exports of petrochemical commodities produced in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC). In a new study on Middle East petrochemicals and petrochemical supply chains, commissioned by the Gulf Petrochemicals and...
- Trade flows weave a tangled web. Jhangiani, Amita // ICIS Chemical Business;7/2/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 73, p30
The article focuses on the growing complexity in the supply chains of the chemical industry and increase in its trade volumes globally and the accompanying need to have end-to-end financing and trade processing solutions. Open-account financing is said to be becoming the dominant product for...
- Peak expectations. Hariharan, Malini // Asian Chemical News;3/28/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 484, p12
Presents an outlook for the Asian petrochemicals industry in 2005. Possible implication of joint-venture cracker projects for petrochemical prices; Reasons behind the weak demand for polymers; Expected cracker utilization rate for 2005.
- The Republic of Tatartsan Petrochemical Complex Value Chain Structure Analysis. Anasovna, Safina Aida // Asian Social Science;Dec2014 Special Issue, Vol. 10, p191
The aim of this article is to study a redistributive process within a cluster, and the structural analysis of expenses which resulted development of a new model of finished products expenses structure analysis, and the studies of pricing by the main technological conversions on the example of...
- Processors seeking new SR suppliers. // Rubber & Plastics News;4/5/2004, Vol. 33 Issue 18, p21
The planned closing of DSM Elastomer's in Addis, Louisiana, has caused some uncertainty in the marketplace as customers seek alternative sources of supply, according to a competitor. "We are making good inroads in really picking up volume because of the DSM situation," said Mary Gum, executive...
- Oil highs alter market dynamics. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;6/7/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2103, p16
Discusses the effect of high oil prices on supply and demand in the European polymer markets in 2004. Prices of polystyrene; Possibility that the market could attract quantities of imported resins; Increase in restrictions on polypropylene producers in May 2004.
- Supply chain management: A time-based strategy. Balsmeier, Phillip W.; Voisin, Wendell J. // Industrial Management;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p24
Discusses the importance of the fast delivery of products, and how Just-In-Time (JIT) manufacturing principles can be applied to supply chain management practices. How foreign competition is forcing American firms to move toward time-based strategies; Requirements and benefits of the integrated...
- Introduction. Bolstorff, Peter; Rosenbaum, Robert // Supply Chain Excellence: A Handbook for Dramatic Improvement Usi;2007, preceding p1
An introduction to the book "Supply Chain Excellence: A Handbook for Dramatic Improvement Using the SCOR Model" Second Edition, by Peter Bolstorff and Robert Rosenbaum is presented.
- BALANCED OUT. Page, Paul // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);1/9/2012, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p4
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor mentions various reports published within the issue including one on a roller-coaster year in 2011, one by Sandy Kennedy on supply chain optimization, and another from S. Y. Kim on the planned increase of vessel supply in 2012.