- Who's the Boss? Smith, Lee; Pendleton, Jennifer // Fortune;3/6/2000, Vol. 141 Issue 5, p432A
The article focuses on the conflicts of some executives with regards to decision making in a joint venture. According to business experts, such problem is common to ventures and gives detrimental effect to the business. Moreover, they pointed that several qualities must be considered by...
- together as onepoints to be considered when entering into a jv. Chases, Paul // Estates Gazette;3/14/2015, Issue 819, p15
The article considers the key issues relating to the creation, government and management of joint ventures (JV). Topics discussed include the differing bargaining power of the parties involved in the JV, the economic interests and the degree of control exerted by each party, and the activities...
- Culture clash. Bruce, Robert // Accountancy;Aug2004, Vol. 134 Issue 1332, p20
Explores the outcomes of a joint venture between a public and private organization. Reason for the need to establish partnerships between the public and private sector; Belief that difference in management cultures between the private and public sector could lead to a conflict in partnership;...
- MANAGEMENT AND GOVERNANCE OF REAL ESTATE JOINT VENTURES. Spore III, Richard R. // GPSolo;Mar2010, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p22
The article reflects on structuring joint venture agreements to minimize the economic harm. It offers several tips and suggestions in this context, which includes granting and limiting management authority by managing the lease and making long-term strategic decisions. Avoiding conflicts by...
- ACCENT'S MEMBERSHIP STRENGTHENS OCP-IP EUROPEAN PRESENCE. // Computer Protocols;Jan2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p8
Presents information on the decision of Accent, a joint venture between STMicroelectronics and Cadence Design Systems, to join Portland, Oregon-based Open Core International Partnership.
- Becoming A Corporate 'Partner Of Choice'. Moeller, Bud // Corporate Board;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 21 Issue 125, p16
Focuses on the importance of maximizing partnering opportunities and joint ventures. View of alliances as a prime vehicle for future growth; Need for alliance skills; Tips for the selection of corporate partners.
- RESOLVING INTERNATIONAL AGENCY COST IN EAST/WEST JOINT VENTURES. Picou, Armand; McDaniel, William R.; Rosenberg, Sidney // Global Finance Journal;Spring96, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p115
Discusses the changes in the corporate relationships in capitalist societies in the East Block (EB) countries from an agency perspective using East Germany as a proxy for events affecting the entire EB as of March 1996. Attractions of across-border joint ventures; Description of agency costs...
- COMMENT: KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN: AVOIDING UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES IN JOINT VENTURE RELATIONSHIPS. Rickert, Jeanne M. // Case Western Reserve Law Review;Summer2003, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p897
Focuses on how to avoid unintended consequences in joint venture relationships. Role of lawyers in joint ventures; Definition of a successful joint venture; Antitrust lawyers' role.
- COMMENT: A BUSINESSPERSON'S PERSPECTIVE CONCERNING JOINT VENTURES. Austin, Daniel F. // Case Western Reserve Law Review;Summer2003, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p905
Focuses on a businessperson's perspective concerning joint ventures. Reasons why companies enter joint venture; Levels of joint venture; Benefits of Internet in joint ventures.